VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have tried raising the matter with pay pal but they suggest I take it up with Vertical Scope.Also you cannot get a county judgement against a company that is not registered in this country. So its over to the moderators:)
Have the moderators not sorted it for you or are they just taking our money and doing nothing !!

·
Super Moderator
5,311 Posts
Just to clarify with you, us as moderators take no money what so every, we do this for free. I have messaged messaged Veriscope and thought this would have been resolved by now.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Not heard a thing,3 emails sent now,who’s the big boss of this forum?, can you tell them to send me a message to sort this out

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
Why do folk on here think we get paid to moderate this forum?
We do all this for free in our own time.
This PayPal stuff has been flagged so many times over the years and it’s down to the person who set it up in the first place!
Go into your PayPal and turn off repeat subscription payments!

Stop blaming vertical scope

BJ

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
So have I.
Well done potty for sorting this out but like I said, vs will not just take money from your bank. It’s up to us lot to cancel subscriptions

BJ

·
Super Moderator
5,311 Posts
So have I.
Well done potty for sorting this out but like I said, vs will not just take money from your bank. It’s up to us lot to cancel subscriptions

BJ
Not even a thanks BJ, even though I was away for the weekend with family I still tried sorting this out and all for free.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,083 Posts
So have I.

BJ
Simple Process ....
1) Take out Membership
2) A recurring subscription is created (this is the only way Paypal works with Subscriptions)
3) Cancel subscription the same day (membership is still valid as you have paid for the year)
4) One year later, you get a message saying Membership is due
5) Go to 1)

I run a forum with an optional Subscription via Paypal (so same as here) and the above is what I advise people to do, reminding them that each person is responsible for their own paypal account!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Thank you for all you have done Potty sorry I did not get back to you earlier I was away rallying.I for one appreciate the work that you do and what a thankless task it must be.I will get back to you when the monies are returned to me.
Builder Jay do you have a link to get me to when this was discussed before? How was it resolved? It is obviously still happening.

Hoovie
Thank you for your advice this should be placed on the subscription page so that everyone can see it. As I said before I only have a problem with Vertical Scope.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why do folk on here think we get paid to moderate this forum?
We do all this for free in our own time.
This PayPal stuff has been flagged so many times over the years and it’s down to the person who set it up in the first place!
Go into your PayPal and turn off repeat subscription payments!

Stop blaming vertical scope

BJ
What a crock of —-, so we have to cancel a yearly subscription because verticlescope keep taking money out, what’s that tell you,It’s called a yearly subscription for a reason, I’ve got it with other forums with no problems, I don’t have to cancel anything them ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
What a crock of —-, so we have to cancel a yearly subscription because verticlescope keep taking money out, what’s that tell you,It’s called a yearly subscription for a reason, I’ve got it with other forums with no problems, I don’t have to cancel anything them ?
Thanks pothole for your help refunded today

·
Super Moderator
5,170 Posts
So how did verticalscope or the old forum get your bank details???
YOU GAVE IT TO THEM!

I’ve cancelled mine and so have 1000’s on here who seem to know what there doing!

Crock of **** my ar**

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I’d have thought VS, when they set up the reoccurring payment API would have selected the period of the subscription ie monthly, weekly or in this case yearly. Whether or not the period has to be specified I don’t know.

The reason 2 or more payments are being “taken” is because the person has set up multiple subscriptions and these need to be cancelled off so that they don’t reoccur or “take” money.

Not everyone is a guru with PayPal, the internet and so on but on the flip side I think VS should refund (or acknowledge) a little faster. People are clearly concerned when they are dealing with what is essentially a faceless organisation with the moderators having to front complaints.

So let’s all chill the f- - k out a little

21 - 35 of 35 Posts