VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
Please forward me your email address, and I'll make sure vertical scope get it so they can issue a refund.

You need to check your PayPal, as the forum can't take payment. It's not a direct debit, it's a re-occurring subscription setup by you in paypal. You need to cancel one of these.

Not sure who or where you reported it:*

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thevandidit, I wasn't expecting the forum to make a payment, I'm merely venting my frustration at vertical scope debiting my pay-pal account twice (within two days of each other I may add). Since this is the trade experience section I thought I'd post it here to let other people know they may wish to check their paypal accounts to make sure the same thing hasn't happened to them.

When I contacted [email protected] I got a reply asking if had I upgraded my account or signed up again and to forward my paypal account email address which I did and still never received a refund so I escalated it via paypal dispute, which seems to have done the trick, as I now have a refund pending.

Thanks for replying to my post and offering to help.

Geo

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
I think that's what Barrie was tryin to say Geo, the forum doesn't TAKE money, it is GIVEN to them by PayPal on your behalf via the payment set up on your PayPal account.

Agreed the current set up is a bit pants as they aren't so quick to answer as the old admin, probably something to do with having around 5 people servicing over 600 forums :)

But, that's why me and Barrie stayed on to help the membership, any problems with accounts, membership or anything forum related by all means use the contact us button at the bottom of the page like you did, you could even PM adminvs who are verticlescope, but please also report it to the moderators so we can fight your corner on the moderators/admin forum T:

·
T4 2.5 TDi 2003 SWB
4,461 Posts
They did the same thing to my subscription as well Chippy :(
So what's the procedure for reclaiming that tenner back ?

That's bad on PayPal's behalf as well though, isn't it !? You set up an annual re-occurring payment and they pay out -nilly, twice in 2 days :*

I think I'll be having words with them as well ! ....... not cool :cool:

TURK

·
Administrator
30,977 Posts
Hey Turk, do all of them mate, contact us, PM adminvs and one of us, all bases covered then :)

Not neccesarily paypals fault either as I wouldn't have thought they'd just duplicate it. Some people pay with. Different email which ballses things up as the original one pays aswell, sometimes people see their subscription has lapst and pay, then the recurring payment pays aswell.

Thing is to check your PayPal recurring payments, if there is only one to verticlescope, only one will be paid on your behalf T:

To cancel your subscription or recurring payment:
Click the 'Settings' icon at the top of the page.
Under 'Payment settings', click Pre-approved payments..
Use the filter to select the seller whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.

Hope that helps :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts