VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant remember the rules re if you have had good service at a garage but here goes!...

:ILU: Not often i get the 'urge' to recomend anyone in the motor trade [i work in it myself... painter at a ford garage LOL:] But after today feel I must pass these guys on....

Swift Motor Engineering
Unit 4, Hadrian House,, Redburn Industrial Estate, Westerhope, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE5 1NB 0191 2140056

I was unhappy about the performance of my velle 2.5tdi, have been for a while, was recomended to use these guys and have to say i thought service like this died out in the good old days! Was very impressed by the whole workshops very clean, totaly VW only, all the lads are in vw overalls vw posters every where ..yep...they love VW's!!
Was dropped off in Newcastle with my wife and boys and picked up at the Metro Centre when finnished ...no mean feat if you know how bad the traffic is round there on an afternoon!!

Important bit... My velle has never run as good :) Where has all this power come from lol!
Got full run down of everything and i mean everything, that was needed in order of importance in a very prof. layout ... I have fallen in love with my van again ...IT FLYS!A:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Cool, getting about time to change the Timing belt. Just a 1.9 so not to bad a job but wanted it done by someone who understands them but isn't a main dealer. Will give them a bell when the time comes.
:ILU:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Was dropped off in Newcastle with my wife and boys and picked up at the Metro Centre when finnished ...no mean feat if you know how bad the traffic is round there on an afternoon!!
One part of Newcastle I don't miss. That place was always a sodding nightmare:eek:

This garage is not part of www.goodgaragesceme.com is it?
I only ask cos my local garage has joined up to it and I took my van in for a major service in May, just before a big drive through France.
Got my van back with full printed out run down of what was done. Got to say it was like a new van. He'd done a system flush out and stuck some new fuel additive in it and it's like the preverbial S**t of a stick now................for an R reg daily hackT:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YEP! Mine is due its major service:( next year and there is no question where it will be goingT:
Mr Chaos sir, good to hear from you! Great to see you both cycling to Darlo every day through some of that mad weather we have hadA: You got better stuff ahead now we hope :ILU: All my lot cycle to work/school but I have to drop them all off at different points around the town first so I cant till the afternoon shift:)

Add feedback when you get back guys! I want to know it wasnt just me and that they really are cool:ILU:
BORIS.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Another top mark for Swift, fuel leak developed in the van, rang Swift, he told me what it probably was over the phone, fitted me in on a very busy day to diagnose it, and it's exactly what he said it was, going in for the fix Monday, top service T:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swift are legendary, they know more aboot Veedubs than the fatherland!
Glad everyone's finding them as good as I did! Its a real pleasure when you find some where that knows what they are doing and do it properly, mines going up next spring for all the belts etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok just been here and even though it cost me a small fortune I feel sufficiently good about the whole experience that they are now my No1 port of call for any work I have to get done on my van.

The only exception to this would be very minor stuff if I wasn't in a few hours drive of them.

If I had to be critical my gripe would be lack of e-mail and time it sometimes takes them to get back to you,

I went to a reputed place Manchester way an left feeling very cold indeed, I know some people have got good things to say but I just found my whole dealings with the Manchester place left me unsettled, the more time that goes by the more I find out and the more I'm glad I never went back.

A big thank you to Barry and the team at Swift motors for your hard work on my baby.

B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts