VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 1999 ex disabled bus 1.9td full service history 65000 miles new cam belt just done absolutely pristine . got unwin rails in the back and 4 belted seats on them . this would be ideal for sliding rock and roll arrangement . the 2 middle windows are sliders and would be ideal for conversion to camper . just bought a 2.5 but torn between the 2 vans on which to convert to camper or shall i do both .?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both vans are pretty mint .1.9 is an excellent van and i love the simplicity and cheap spares and servicing . but a 2.5 makes me grin when i push the peddle :D

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
both vans are pretty mint .1.9 is an excellent van and i love the simplicity and cheap spares and servicing . but a 2.5 makes me grin when i push the peddle :D
Will you grin at the more expensive servicing and maintenance costs too when the time comes round ?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly . but a bit better fuel consumption helps and its only really cam belts and brakes that seem dearer . ooh and the clutch and all that electrical computer malarky , ok point taken . but that torque is addictive .

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
exactly . but a bit better fuel consumption helps and its only really cam belts and brakes that seem dearer . ooh and the clutch and all that electrical computer malarky , ok point taken . but that torque is addictive .
But pottering is safe, relaxed, peaceful, and calm.:).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts