VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The "white" shown previously looks like a Ronal 002-0917 "Wellington" Part# 3B0 601 025 K. ( 5x112, 15 (or16) x 6.5, et37)

I think they came on North American Passats and have a load rating of 600kg per rim.

So the guy in Chicago is definitely under specs....dangerous.

Maybe he was told by his mechanic ....they fit, so they should be Ok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This Reply is only a final response ( or conclusion) to my previous posts.

Indeed, my Fox Commercial alu rims arrived by plane and were installed last week.

....and they fit Perfectly.

Fox Commercial (Viper) Alu rims: 5x112, 16x6.5, 40ot with spacers, 950kg....for North American Eurovans.

I just wanted to thank you guys for the technical help.

I couldn't afford to go wrong with this purchase.....after all I'm 6000 miles from your forum base.

I was a slightly gutsy purchase.

Thanks also to Duncan of TyreSave.Uk.....good service.

Phil in Montreal, Cnd

·
Registered
452 Posts
t4

l considered one of these before getting my T5 . There was one on ebay imported from Canada - a diesel ! with very very low mileage down south . Around the same time was a v6 nearer to me , so l went and had a look at it . The rear end made a double bed but in seating position it had at least 6 lap belts and was u shape , and a smaller bed could be made up from the 2 seats behind the cab seats . The toilet was something else - when l opened the door there was a shoer too but l thought that you would'nt have enough room to use it untill l found 2 latches which extended it outwards into the middle of the inside , doubling the size . The toilet was'nt a chemical one . l was very impressed with the layout but the outside looked abit gauldy because the camper was white with maroon trim - the other one was white with blue . l did some research into parts for Winibago's and founout that the camper parts could be expensive - a new fridge would cost £1400 :eek: . l also considered a T5 Karmannn but the wife said that l'd have to tow a car with it . So here l am with my T5 T:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
3 tings:

The model you saw on Ebay was a ''Q'' version which can lodge up to 4 people.
This version is the derivative from an older Rv similar version built by Winnebago and powered by a Renaud front end lorry. (1985 to 1995)
In any case, the Q model is far less popular than the ''H'' model: double bed + front galley with kitchen table....best for 2 people.

Secondly, I'm extremely surprised that the Ebay model came with a diesel engine.
Wv never installed TDI engines in the Rialta Rv marketed for the US market.....pity!
Americans in general don't like diesel engines......?????
Personally, I would kill for a high torque, low rev 2500cc TDI diesel engine.
The Ebay advertisement was probably misleading......again......be carefull.

Finally, the Rialta's towing capacity is very low.
The rear hitch is rated at 2000lbs.
I've seen people towing Fiat 500 or Smart cars......nothing bigger.

Phil

21 - 26 of 26 Posts