VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new Alpine stereo in my van recently with JBL speakers, it was alright but my wife was disappointed with the bass, so I stuck one of those Vibe Subs in (http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/products/blackaircbr10/?PHPSESSID=9042088b3e7a664e63d23b2bd7fe7d8e ) and it's freakin awesome!! For anyone after a good cheap sub, you can pick up the older version of the same amp for £100 in any halfords that has one left! I play everything from underworld, through Jazz to Machinehead on it and it sounds excellent. I highly recommend it, just watch the old ear drums!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
alot of people dont like vibe but iv got to say iv got 2 15" vibe space subs in my t4 7200w of bass peak and it sounds VERY wellT:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
got CBR12 v2, best sub i have owned by far, got the little remote for it so can adjustthe gain and frequency on the fly... reccomended

·
Registered
645 Posts
I know it's not I.C.E - but we bought a JBL 'Ontime' ipod dock last year for the kitchen, it sounds far better than it has any right too!!

Am I right in thinking they are made/owned/affiliated somehow with Harmon Kardon? might explain the superb sound quality we all seem to be experiencing :D:cool::D

·
Registered
784 Posts
I know it's not I.C.E - but we bought a JBL 'Ontime' ipod dock last year for the kitchen, it sounds far better than it has any right too!!

Am I right in thinking they are made/owned/affiliated somehow with Harmon Kardon? might explain the superb sound quality we all seem to be experiencing :D:cool::D
The parent company is Harmon International which owns:-
Harman Kardon, JBL, Mark Levinson, Infinity, Lexicon, Becker and many more

S

·
0 Posts
Vibe do make awesome subs.... Only thing I wouls say is that with them in their own enclosure like that they can build up an insane amount of moisture/condensation in them if you're sleeping in the back of the van...

Bass will then distort at any level low or high... If ur sleeping in the back get a damp catcher and it'll draw all the moisture out of all ur speaker and of course the van... Thought my system was well and truly screwed, but the damp catcher sorted it all out..

Do sleep in the van weekly though all year round!!! Usually a few of us too (no comments please Rasp:)

Jono :ILU:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts