VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I am currently adding new circuits to my fuse box and while the carpet is out I am upgrading the wiring between my leisure battery under the driver seat and the ripca 12 way fuse box under the passenger seat. Going from 10mm2 fused at 50A to a 25mm2 cable fused at 125A.

The victron ip22 charger is under the passenger seat next to the fuse box.
Currently the charger positive cable (10mm2) is going to the battery + terminal with a 50A fuse at battery end.

I think I will struggle to get more positive cables onto the battery + terminal once the 25mm2 cable is in place. I have little room left for bus bars etc to make life easier.

My question is can I put the victron ip22 + cable onto the spare fuse box + terminal, there by being connected to the battery via the 25mm2 cable that feeds the fuse box? (The ripca fuse box is from travelvolts and has the two sides soldered internally)
I would fuse the 10mm2 charger cable at 50A just before the fuse box.

Is this a viable option in order to reduce the cables attached to the battery + terminal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, so here is what I have done to save space on the battery terminal.
Rather than go onto the 12way fuse box i have kept the victron cable as independent as i can and fixed it here on the mega fuse.
Dont think this will cause any issues?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts