VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I can send you the exact spots I wild camped if it helps you.

That be good mate if you can , the more advice and tips i can get the better i will be prepared lol.T:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can send you the exact spots I wild camped if it helps you.

That be good mate if you can , the more advice and tips i can get the better i will be prepared lol.T:
Thought I'd post them on here so everyone can use them if they wanted to.

The 1st night

I parked behind the co-op in Golspie, free parking, public toilets (make sure you have some 50p's as it doesn't give change) and the co-op right near in case you need to buy any last minute provisions.

coordinates for here are 57.973801, -3.975153

2nd Night

I parked up on a lovely bit of grass just off the road with amazing views from the van.

coordinates for here are 58°31'54.9"N 4°47'27.7"W

3rd Night

This was the place where I filmed the time lapse video of the sunrise, if you get up early enough its amazing to watch the sun come up here, lovely little wild camping spot.

coordinates for here are 57°32'09.8"N 5°42'06.9"W

4th Night

This is off the course of the NC500 down on Skye, but it's an amazing little wild camping spot, plenty of wildlife about.

coordinates for here are 57°07'55.0"N 5°58'19.1"W

I will echo what JC1 has said, I love wild camping, aside from the cheapness of it you get to choose your view, my Mrs would consider it for one night max and then it's back to campsites so I can only do it on my own.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Thanks for posting all this - nice video.
Really interested for a couple of reasons.: i fancy doing the Scotland trip or a variation of it up the western Isles, and I've been thinking about changing my bus - currently all white 2003 T4- to a green and white split colour scheme plus pop up roof like yours, Simmo.
Like the idea of solar panels too.
As well as yours, and a few others, there's a green and white split colour T4 on Pinterest which I keep seeing, reg is F9 JDB.
Is that anyone's on here ?
Or does anyone know that van please

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Check out that T4 on Pinterest I mentioned, F9 JDB.
It has solar panels - 2 - on a pop top so it looks as if it can be done

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thought I'd post them on here so everyone can use them if they wanted to.

The 1st night

I parked behind the co-op in Golspie, free parking, public toilets (make sure you have some 50p's as it doesn't give change) and the co-op right near in case you need to buy any last minute provisions.

coordinates for here are 57.973801, -3.975153

2nd Night

I parked up on a lovely bit of grass just off the road with amazing views from the van.

coordinates for here are 58°31'54.9"N 4°47'27.7"W

3rd Night

This was the place where I filmed the time lapse video of the sunrise, if you get up early enough its amazing to watch the sun come up here, lovely little wild camping spot.

coordinates for here are 57°32'09.8"N 5°42'06.9"W

4th Night

This is off the course of the NC500 down on Skye, but it's an amazing little wild camping spot, plenty of wildlife about.

coordinates for here are 57°07'55.0"N 5°58'19.1"W

I will echo what JC1 has said, I love wild camping, aside from the cheapness of it you get to choose your view, my Mrs would consider it for one night max and then it's back to campsites so I can only do it on my own.
Cheers Simmo T:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Forgive my ignorance Guys,

I take it i can wild camp anywhere as long as i am sensible to where i park up and obviously leave the area as i find it.

so looking forward to this trip next year .

T:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Forgive my ignorance Guys,

I take it i can wild camp anywhere as long as i am sensible to where i park up and obviously leave the area as i find it.

so looking forward to this trip next year .

T:
pretty much yeah, like you say as long as you're sensible and not too near to someones house, trust me, you wont be short of suitable spots.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Cheers for all the info mate, looks like end april beginning may that we are gonna pencil in for, so should be nice and quiet traffic wise lol.T:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
lol, brill :D:D:D:D, i would use mine in winter but need a heater install before i go out in these temperatures:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: .
Defo mate! Or learn to get dressed inside your sleeping bag! LOL: I have many a time but I have the heater now....T:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Out of curiosity, any body know who can supply and fit a heater around the Fife area? might start looking into this T:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Frase, if we ever sort this meet out at SQ then you can check my Chinese heater out. Works perfectly £150 and Hoovie on here sorted me out with the fit. The best mod ever, bus now used all year round....:ILU:T:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sound like a good idea, was checking out those heaters , defo worth a punt at that price, will drop Hoovie a message see if he is available .would make so much difference lol.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts