VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After losing the bonnet bra,beacause its been so wet this year..
I decided to get my bonnet wrapped in carbon effect vinyl..T:

I like it a lot......

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

£120 sounds about right... I paid £120 to have my bonnet and mirrors wrapped and the two rear (fake window) panels covered in reverse cut vinyl but again that was a friend too

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know about stone chips it's not been on long.
But it is thick vinyl so should be fine.
The guy who did mine has had his on for 15 months and it still looks like new. T:

·
Registered
94 Posts
my vans bonnet has a huge key scrape across it and thinking a vinyl wrap would be one way of sorting that out cheap!

out of interest where would you go to get something like this done? i'm thinking i should probably treat the scratch first so it doesn't rust? :*

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definately the way to go.
Just rust treat the scratch, and if you can feel it when you run your finger over it then fill it with some filler.
The bonnet needs sorting eventually anyway.

Mine was done by a graphics/sign company.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If anyone is still looking at this post, do you know anywhere in central Somerset that does wrapping. I would like to have my bonnet done. I have seen some with fantastic graphics.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i did this one myself. bought a roll on ebay for less than £25 inc postage, did my bonnet, rear door spoilers.....and still lots left....door mirrors are getting it soon, and the front bumper once i've finnished the front end mods A:

...top tip though....don't even attemp it in the cold weather though, if anything take your bonnet off, and plonk it it ya front room like i did.....a heat gun and 3m spreader later.....and a mrs with a face like :eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
a wrap left outside in all weathers, will last about 4-5 years on average, more if you keep it garaged.
but always keep on top of your cleaning. especially at the moment with all the salt and on the roads. just water with a small amount of car shampoo and a sponge to clean it. leather it off if you like to get the water marks out.T:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's my mod with the vinyl carbon wrap.
It can be expensive to get someone to do it for you. I would suggested grabbing a roll of ebay and trying yourself

1 - 20 of 21 Posts