VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bristol blue customs mate, thats all they do!!
Yep, they've just finished my van, have a look at the album. Was VW red, wrapped in heavy carbon fibre all over.

Not cheap, but their service is excellent and they refurbed and colour coded my rims too as a package deal. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know a guy in Taunton who's literally just started a company doing this - dicewraps i think he's called it. I'll check with him & post again...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Funny just been thinking about this myself H:

How much did it cost to do the whole van in a color? And did you get the bumpers done too?

And whats the finish like? Got any more pics?

Lots of q's, just trying to find out how much cheaper this will be compared to full respray!

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny just been thinking about this myself H:

How much did it cost to do the whole van in a color? And did you get the bumpers done too?

And whats the finish like? Got any more pics?

Lots of q's, just trying to find out how much cheaper this will be compared to full respray!

Cheers

Steve
Hello mate. Full van was £1450. Bumpers, all panels, doors and roof done.
The only real criteria they have is that the paint has to be decent with lacquer etc so that he vinyl can bond (i.e. no rust or matte finish / damaged finish paint).
The finish is excellent. Check my album for full pics, everything sorted right down to the shark gill on the driver's side.
Mine has been done in carbon weave which was more problematic as it's thicker, has required a second trip to sort some areas that haven't settled but it looks very very nice

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello mate. Full van was £1450. Bumpers, all panels, doors and roof done.
The only real criteria they have is that the paint has to be decent with lacquer etc so that he vinyl can bond (i.e. no rust or matte finish / damaged finish paint).
The finish is excellent. Check my album for full pics, everything sorted right down to the shark gill on the driver's side.
Mine has been done in carbon weave which was more problematic as it's thicker, has required a second trip to sort some areas that haven't settled but it looks very very nice

Oh and meant to say it's covered by 5 year guarantee on the material and fittings. I'll be at the Foxden meet tonight if you fancy a poke around it. T:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ah fair play buddy!

Mines in a bit of a state paint wise, scratches, dings and paints not amazing too.

Maybe not the way to go then, as I wanted it to hide some of the bad body work.

Really need to get to one of the bristol meets, shame i've got lots to sort out before the bank hols I:

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks sweet how do i view the rest of your pics?
Here are the work-in-progreee pics of my fiancee's T4 from the Bristol Blue facebook page.

We've had a couple of issues with shrinkage and the fabric over-stretching in places but every time we take it back Imran is happy to address the issues, and we're delighted with the end product. Also note the wheels, they offer a colour-code service too, we had standard A4 rims on the initial pics, which they colour-keyed satin black.

Link to my PhotoBucket album is here, hopefully it'll work!

http://photobucket.com/ProjectCarbonT4 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi there could you explain the benefits to wrapping instead of the usual paint job i was quoted a grand for a metalic paint job, i thought the wraps were a little cheaper, im guessing you have got a high quality one for that money

cheers

KIER

·
6,699 Posts
Curious as to how this looks after a year ?
All ok ? Would you do the the same again ?

How's it for dirt and cleaning ?

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not much work at all to be fair. I have a wrapped T4 and a wrapped Audi A6 (T4 is carbon, Audi is semi-matte).

The main rule is not to use pressure washers in the "hand car wash" places. The only issue I have is washing it in sunny/hot weather as the rinse dries before I can towel it and sometimes leaves water marks.

As far as the advantages, the main advantage is that you can do textures and colours with a wrap that you can't do with a respray.

The wraps are fully removable, and you aren't required to notify the DVLA of the colour change. My wrap was guaranteed for 5 years, been on the T4 for 18 months and no issues at all so far. The A6 has been wrapped for 12 months and again is still as good as the day it was done.

On another note, a grand for a respray sounds quite cheap... And if they get that wrong you can't peel it off and start again under warranty... ;)

·
6,699 Posts
Thanks pony. Now to find some images to see if it suits the image I wish to portray for the rhino van.

I wonder if black is amlittle to sinister but it does make an impression

1 - 20 of 20 Posts