VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
newish to the forum, having just bought a T5 that's partially converted, and have a fair bit of work ahead of me to get the van how I want her. Can anyone tell me where I can get Voringer ply in the midlands? I can find places in Cornwall, Hampshire, Cambridge etc, but haven't found a local stockist yet.

It has to be Vohringer as the van is already done out in that and I need to make some more panels/table etc

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found matching board from Rainbow Conversions in Cambridgeshire, so I will take a trip over there (they have all the trimmy bits I need as well).

If you want me to pick some board up for you from them, only too happy. I am near to Kenilworth/Coventry.

I won't be going over for another month or so though as I can't drive at the mo.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Slarge,

What colour / pattern do you want?

Rod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rod VW - I am after cherry wood finish in 15mm thickness. An 8x4 sheet or several smaller sheets.

Chewbacca - go on the Rainbow Conversions website to see the full range, but the samples they have just sent me are for Maple (very blond) Beech (bit darker), Cherry (bit darker again), then in speckle finish - Light Grey, Lagoona Pearl and Dark Grey speckle. It is around £89 per 8x4 sheet, but I don't think it is proper Vohringer board, but their own lightweight ply. They do all the edge trims as well, and can do custom size tables / doors etc (They can send samples out, but they're only a 1" square piece, so it's difficult to get the full impression of what it will look like.)

Let me know if you want any

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Pity, the sheet that I have is Puntinella.

Rod.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
How's £70 sound, it's a complete new sheet.

Rod

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
chewbacca,

Sorry, not with that sort of space in the motor. 8' x 4' is a bit of a tight fit in a kitted out T5 (or the T4).

Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts