VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been thinking lately about selling my van. Bit of a back story to this van, ,my dad bought the van best part of 7 years ago, he then converted it with a bed he had purchased as he had no time to make one, however it wasn't the best so him and a friend decided to make a bed that was much easier to use ... This was when the smart bed was made! (And without this van there would be no smart beds). The van believe it or not didn't have a smart bed fitted till last year when finally we had a bit of time to ourselves over the winter (well our Xmas holiday!) when it was fully converted by me and my dad (and since it was our job and we take pride I'm that it shows in terms of quality! Anyone who has seen the van would agree :) )

The spec of the van is
1998 2.4 transporter LWB
156,000 with full history
Started off as a tidy white van but was reprinted in audi nogaro blue, it also since these pics were taken has a batman airbrushed bonnet (I'll get some pics up when I can!)
Full units with smev9222, will have a full gas safe cert on it.
Webasto air top diesel heater
Smart bed evolution bed, with black and grey leather, it has 3 inch foam with a 1 inch super soft foam on top of that.
One Peice headlining with 6 led lights
Audi tt front seats
Genuine vw caravelle door pockets with upgraded speakers
Sergeant ec155 power unit

It is a very tidy van, I will be putting it up on ebay in around a weeks time, just thought I would use the forum to gauge interest.

Price is going to be £10,995 or open to sensible offers, please bare in mind the bed is roughly £2150 and our standard conversion cost is £5995+vat (and that's a swb the lwb is slightly dearer) then there's the diesel heater etc it all adds up, it may sound a lot however there are many sub standard vans up for grabs for around £8000-9500 in fact there's two I'm watching on ebay at the moment which do not even compare to this. Whoever buys the van will not be disappointed. Feel free to take a look for yourselves.

Hopefully a few pics now :) just click on the pics for full size.

Can contact me via pm or 07786160103. Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bought another van now to do, need to get rid of a few toys, so best offer for this van around £10k will get it, if I don't get that I will be removing some parts and transferring to my next van (like the bonnet, audi tt seats, caravelle door pockets, diesel heater etc) and lower the price. If it still doesn't sell (which I would be suprised! It really is one if the best built vans around, it's not your normal rubbish!) then I will remove all the interior from it and put into my next van and sell this as a bare van with professionally done carpet lining, roof lining etc.

This van will be at vanwest at brean next week anyway :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's strange :S when I first put them on it worked for me. If anyone wants a pic just pm your email address ill email some pics over :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i must ask....if the van is so nice then why have you bought another one just to then wanna remove parts from this? just asking :*

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i must ask....if the van is so nice then why have you bought another one just to then wanna remove parts from this? just asking :*
Honestly? I get a bit bored (this is the longest I have ever owned a car!), I wanted a bit of a change, the next van I have I was going to different inside, but there are many bits I would do exactly the same to it (to be fair if do another one exactly the same as this one money permitting! LOL: ). If I sold this van the first three things I would do is order webasto diesel heater, audi tt seats and caravelle door pockets/upgrade stereo.

I know it's something I will regret in the long run but for now the change is nice....

Don't get me thinking about keeping it LOL:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this van will be at vanwest at brean tomorrow (well and tonight!) and possibly but not defenatly it will be there Sunday too :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts