VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day

I need you assistance please.

My Transporter is making a weird noise while idling and revving. Removed all accessories (Aircon pump,alternator,power steering pump and disconnected the water pump gear but the sound is still there. I don't know what the problem is or where it is coming from. Please find attached video.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No video? But my first thought would be the dual mass flywheel.
Hi

yes struggling to attach the video. The Bakkie drives fine without any problems. Its making the noise even if i press the clutch. Can it still be the Flywheel?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,524 Posts
Can it be you are posting in the WRONG forum.......sorry, but you're in the T4 section!

" The Bakkie drives fine without any problems. "....what's a Bakkie?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good day

Is South Africa this is called a BAKKIE. Im very sorry wil delete my post from this Forum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Good day

Is South Africa this is called a BAKKIE. Im very sorry wil delete my post from this Forum.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Don't worry I've moved the thread to the T5 section as some of the T4 boys get rather upset with a T5 in there section. They've never made mistakes....When you say noise is it from the top or bottom?

Reactions: miloslo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry I've moved the thread to the T5 section as some of the T4 boys get rather upset with a T5 in there section. They've never made mistakes....When you say noise is it from the top or bottom?
Hi Festa.. Thanks alot. it's difficult to know where its coming from but i think its somewhere at the timing gears. I got hold of our VW workshop manager and he said the backlash must be adjusted. Do you perhaps know how to upload video files to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
do you find there is a lot of movement in the alternator drive....back and forth. I have seen on these engines including my own that the bronze bearing break up, the hardened gear posts also wear and on occasions the gears lose there teeth. Has the engine been apart ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you find there is a lot of movement in the alternator drive....back and forth. I have seen on these engines including my own that the bronze bearing break up, the hardened gear posts also wear and on occasions the gears lose there teeth. Has the engine been apart ?
Hi Festa sorry for the late reply. I'm going to strip it down to the gear train over the weekend to check all the gears. Is it possible for me to email you the video i made of even better whatsapp it to you so that you can hear the sound it is making?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Festa sorry for the late reply. I'm going to strip it down to the gear train over the weekend to check all the gears. Is it possible for me to email you the video i made of even better whatsapp it to you so that you can hear the sound it is making?
Yes the motor was stripped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts