VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going?

We are, as we are well on our way with our T5 mods.
It's only half hour from us so we have decided to go and take a look, I guess there will be a lot of splits, bays and beetles etc but I love the olds and hopefully there will be a few T's as well, plus some trade stands to get the wallet out for ?

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
This is a good show for the air cooled VW feel but not a lot of T4 and T5 stuff, we used to go but after last years traffic nightmare (bumper to bumper traffic and being diverted to alternate parking that was just full up then diverted back out into the traffic, we gave up and went home)
This show needs to move to a larger venue as its rammed full inside and out, fab splits and bays etc but not enough room for more types of VW's in my opinion, giving it a big miss this year.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
This is a good show for the air cooled VW feel but not a lot of T4 and T5 stuff, we used to go but after last years traffic nightmare (bumper to bumper traffic and being diverted to alternate parking that was just full up then diverted back out into the traffic, we gave up and went home)
This show needs to move to a larger venue as its rammed full inside and out, fab splits and bays etc but not enough room for more types of VW's in my opinion, giving it a big miss this year.
Yes you are right Kev, we have certainly noticed it the last 2 - 3 years getting busier, if its raining and everyones inside it can get rammed, we was only talking about this the other day saying it needs to go somewhere bigger, like the nec, but not sure about camping facilities anywhere nearby, luckily for us we have family just around the corner, so we go up friday night and just walk to Sandown in the morning, but do feel for you guys when we are walking past all the traffic............T:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I will be there Saturday and Sunday as my van is in the cool water display :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one mole, I will keep an eye out.

Does anyone know what time the carparks open up?
I've tried contacting the show organisers but no response yet, if possible we would like to park up early, grab a coffee before gates open.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Nice one mole, I will keep an eye out.

Does anyone know what time the carparks open up?
I've tried contacting the show organisers but no response yet, if possible we would like to park up early, grab a coffee before gates open.
Get there very early as it gets ramo I get there about 7.30 ish after that it gets very busy very quick

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im going got my T4 westy on the california stand Saturday and Sunday
T:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Is there anywhere nearby to park up/camp for the night? We were hoping to drive down saturday morning and camp locally so as to get i early on Sunday...! Sounds like it may be a saturday visit instead!:(

·
Registered
250 Posts
People do just park ( shhh I mean camp) in the carpark !!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just going for the day now (very early!) as couldn't find anywhere else (that wasn't on the end of the runway at Heathrow!!).

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Reading through the thread this would be my 1st show, would drive down saturday for the day only. I have a T4 will this show be of interest for me need to look at stuff and come up with some ideas ?? What time would you recommend that i arrive so the traffic is not to mad ??

cheers chaps

·
Registered
250 Posts
No much in the way of t4 from previous experience its mainly air cooled ! There's a water coolers area but not many unless its changed? But some top class vws there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts