VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two queries if you dont mind:
1. Is it ok to leave an Eberspacher heater permanently connected to batteries (put in a switch for emergencies) so that the control panel display is always on (801 model)

2. Waeco fridge running from a pair of 85ah deep cycle batteries, cable run is as follows; 3 meters of a pair of 16mm2 cables, then approx 2.5 meters of 10mm2 single thin walled cable. Is it worth doubling up on the 10mm2 as I know the fridge is very voltage sensitive.

Thanks Nick

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Two queries if you dont mind:
1. Is it ok to leave an Eberspacher heater permanently connected to batteries (put in a switch for emergencies) so that the control panel display is always on (801 model)

2. Waeco fridge running from a pair of 85ah deep cycle batteries, cable run is as follows; 3 meters of a pair of 16mm2 cables, then approx 2.5 meters of 10mm2 single thin walled cable. Is it worth doubling up on the 10mm2 as I know the fridge is very voltage sensitive.

Thanks Nick
As far as the fridge goes Nick, then a rough rule of thumb would be 1mm2 for every m run - but 10mm is massive for the fridge. If your 16mm is taking it to a fuse panel, then I would hink 3-4mm would be plenty from there. My advice is based on vitrifrigo fridges, but broadly the same workings.

I think the display on the webasto is very nominal current, so unless you plan long layup periods I wouldnt worry about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts