VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

I recently landed a pair of Votex bars for the T4 at a total steal of £30.

Sadly, too good to be true and they have arrived with only 3 rubber pads and 3 lock covers.

I've searched high and low for these bits, but no luck.

Anyone out there know where I can get them from? A dealer, breaker, website or even if you have a set of each kicking about you no longer need or want! I'm desperate to get these bars on the roof!!!!

Cheers,
Liam

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Evening all!

Sadly, too good to be true and they have arrived with only 3 rubber pads and 3 lock covers.

Anyone out there know where I can get them from? A dealer, breaker, website or even if you have a set of each kicking about you no longer need or want! I'm desperate to get these bars on the roof!!!!

Cheers,
Liam
Saved you £100 (I think when I bought mine new they were only £40 odd), but gave you a headache ;)

Looks like it will be someone else getting rid again, who also does not want a rusty roof T:T:

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
I did have a dig in all my 'T4 stuff', but don't have a note anywhere of who made or makes them (still available new last time I checked) :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers scruffytoo!

You had these bars and got rid of them? I've searched eBay for bars which don't require drilled holes but still have a solid load bearing rating and they are pricier than I can imagine the spare parts would be!!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Cheers scruffytoo!

You had these bars and got rid of them? I've searched eBay for bars which don't require drilled holes but still have a solid load bearing rating and they are pricier than I can imagine the spare parts would be!!
Used to use my Multivan as 'home' at some events I ran back in the early 2000's, and had an awning mounted on the roof bars. They do mark the roof, although maybe using some helicopter tape would have helped. Roof is fine now as the bars are long gone. Safe working load for them is 100Kg.

I think Thule would also be an option, and whilst I appreciate you have the VW ones, finding 'parts' will be your issue. The Thule route may be better as I'm sure you would be able to obtain the 'spares' if needed. You do see the VW ones on the interweb, but never when you need them :(

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE VOTEX NAME (from my files): In 1984 Votex GmbH was granted approval to market some of its accessory range as Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. In 1998 Votex became an integrated company of the Volkswagen Group servicing Genuine Accessories for Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles and Audi. Then finally in 2007 Votex was restructured and renamed Volkswagen Zubehör GmbH. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening all!

Cheers,
Liam
Liam.

How did you get on with finding spares? I have a set of votes bars for my t4 but have lost one of the metal drop sections and the rubber pad. As a result they are useless.

Let me know if you found something or you’d be interested in selling for spares.

Cheers

Rog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts