VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

My clutch is on its last legs and in need of replacement ASAP I:

Having started down the Projekt Proper Job route, I need to get something a little more substantial to deal with the extra power T:

I know people have done away with the dual mass flywheel and put the VR6 clutch in, what I need to know is what flywheel was used :confused:

Is it the 2.4d flywheel? It needs to support a 228mm clutch ;)

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated A:

Thanks everyone

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
335 Posts
g60 flywheel or tdi flywheel are 228mm instead of the abl's 220mm. and a vr6, tdi or g60 clutch will fit the 228mm flywheel.

im going to be running a g60 flywheel on my TDi 1.9, with g60 clutch

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rixy T:

Will pass that info on 2 my main man in the know......coz it means naff all 2 me :eek::D

Appreciate the info fella A:

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Does this apply to the ACV 2.5TDI:confused:

Micheals Red bus is running a VR6 clutch might be worth a bell

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Yea yea i have fitted VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel last wednesday but the G60 flywheel has six bolts to secure it to the 1.9 4 cylinder crank so it wont fit onto a 2.5 5 cylinder crank because they have 8 bolts,VR6 flywheel has 10 bolts so thats not an option either.
2.4D have 8 bolts and solid flywheel but i dont know the clutch diameter it could be 220mm or 228mm or maybe a completely different size. I am investigating the options!

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No flys on them big fat fingers of yours 2nite Steve Rasp::D

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET :ILU:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Will more than likely be looking at a new cutch this summer some time, would be interested in these options aggiet4, and prices etc. as I may find myself doing some Cornish/Swedish tuning after the summer :D

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Investigation over and i have discovered that the 2.4D up to 1996 has an 8 bolt solid flywheel with a 228mm clutch.
Also the 5 cylinder petrol T4 has an 8 bolt solid flywheel with a 228mm clutch.

So Chris you need one of these flywheels and i would opt for an upgraded VR6 clutch and not a standard one because when your Projekt proper job is complete my ansome you will be making way more torque than a standard VR6 clutch can cope withT:

gettin there DRECKLY my lover:cool:

meatholes:ILU:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Investigation over and i have discovered that the 2.4D up to 1996 has an 8 bolt solid flywheel with a 228mm clutch.
Also the 5 cylinder petrol T4 has an 8 bolt solid flywheel with a 228mm clutch.

So Chris you need one of these flywheels and i would opt for an upgraded VR6 clutch and not a standard one because when your Projekt proper job is complete my ansome you will be making way more torque than a standard VR6 clutch can cope withT:

gettin there DRECKLY my lover:cool:

meatholes:ILU:
I is gonna give u 10 dolla worth of reach around Sweat cheeks :D

Will bell ya 2moro long dong T:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Yea yea i have fitted VR6 clutch and G60 flywheel last wednesday but the G60 flywheel has six bolts to secure it to the 1.9 4 cylinder crank so it wont fit onto a 2.5 5 cylinder crank because they have 8 bolts,VR6 flywheel has 10 bolts so thats not an option either.
2.4D have 8 bolts and solid flywheel but i dont know the clutch diameter it could be 220mm or 228mm or maybe a completely different size. I am investigating the options!

Sorry , me being a complete dullard there, totally forgot you had changed your engine!!
One guiness too many, I will retire to bed and sleep easy now that the puzzle is solved without my rambling
T:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts