VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont know if anyone will know, but ive been offered a Golf VR6 (L reg ive been told) for not much £££, its not running currently, I dont know why - think its something to do with the cooling system :-s

Assuming its not totally dead - ie head or something equally nasty, just how hard a job would it be to put it in the van.

mines a p plate 1.9td 800 special...

if its a super nasty job... anyone interested in buying it?

cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
They actually produced a VR6 Caravell so in theory it shouldn't be too hard, and i was talking to a mate saturday about the same conversion so if you go ahead let me know how you get on. i like the idea of a VR6 re-bored to 3.2 with a turbo in a Transporter would be funny at the lights!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel it would have to be supercharged if it did go in :-D

They actually produced a VR6 Caravell so in theory it shouldn't be too hard, and i was talking to a mate saturday about the same conversion so if you go ahead let me know how you get on. i like the idea of a VR6 re-bored to 3.2 with a turbo in a Transporter would be funny at the lights!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
i like the kick in the back you get when a turbo comes on boost, but your right a charger would probably be more useable in a T4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts