VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Doing a diesel 2.5 auto to manual conversion at the moment. Not sure how it differs to the VR6?

Part of me wishes I had brought a VR6 and then done a turbo conversion (a complete VR6 turbo golf sold on eBay for less than £2500 the other day) rather than tuning my derv' up.

Sam.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Doing a diesel 2.5 auto to manual conversion at the moment. Not sure how it differs to the VR6?

Part of me wishes I had brought a VR6 and then done a turbo conversion (a complete VR6 turbo golf sold on eBay for less than £2500 the other day) rather than tuning my derv' up.

Sam.
you know you dont mean that;)

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Been looking on the Winebago rialita groups a lot recently, which all come switch the VR6 auto configuration. Nearly all of the American group have added external oil coolers to them for excellent results.

Some have also fitted manual override switches for the rad fans to kick in the extra cooling when needed.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
An american tuning co. has supercharged a vr6 auto 'eurovan' to give 270hp and it revs to 7000rpm so the box may be fine, just needing regular fluid changes and extra cooling. Don't know if they did anything to the gearbox to cope with the extra power?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts