VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)I want to upgrade my T4. A few VR6 caravells come up on Ebay, but I know nothing about them, Any info re insurance, mpg etc would be helpfull, If I get one I will be asking Steve at Gasure to put a LPG system on it. My current 2l on lpg does about 22mpg so at .479 p per ltr its more ecomonic that Dz. Hence I wat to stay with petrol/lpg. I also get free parking in Sheffield cos its greener with ~ 70% reduction in co2 i believe.
Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
215 Posts
fuel consumption will be about the same if you drive nice. my auto vr6 would do between 15 and 13 depending on if i was in a rush or towing or just cruising. fit genuine ht leads only. as the pattern ones are ****. i changed mine every 18 months. it would develop a miss fire otherwise

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Agree with the HT leads. Pattern ones seem to be a really **** fit. VW ones are stupid expensive though.

Question on the VR6. Is it a long nose or will the VR6 fit into a short nose. Considering a daft engine change at some point in the future.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Agree with the HT leads. Pattern ones seem to be a really **** fit. VW ones are stupid expensive though.

Question on the VR6. Is it a long nose or will the VR6 fit into a short nose. Considering a daft engine change at some point in the future.
i think to fit the rads in with the vr6 it had to be a long nose. could be wrong

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I did wonder exactly that myself.

Anyone confirm?

Just had a quick bay search the only VR6 on there is a long nose.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
As far as I know the long nose only exists because of the VR6 lump not fitting in the short nose engine compartment.

Ian. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts