VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ye haaa only took them 4 weeks and counting:* whent and paid up for my camper conversion today finally got them to tell me how much i owed them,still havent recieved an official letter of them yet though but paid me monies today lord only knows when ill get my tax book:*have to say though i might be going soft but after a previous bad run in with the vrt crowd at sligo, they have been v helpful and also revenue at rosslare were v helpful and i managed to get through to the guy who would decide how much id have to pay pleaded poverty with him I: at least he had a sense of humour;) so had to pay 1300 euro for a storm grey 2004 with 70.000 two windows down both sides alloys fully trimed inside with a full width rock and roll bed and cooker and sink etc,i know the vrt is kin robbery but i dont think thats to bad,roll on 88 euro road tax A: until it gets changed in the next budget:(

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nice one. Now its time to start enjoying it.
The road tax for a camper now is €95, went up in last budget. I'd say they'll let it alone for a little while more.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had a nightmare with the whole conversion thing but got there in the end.

The next problem i had was getting the thing insured.

DONT go to DOLMEN

Go to STUART insurance and i recommend that to anybody getting a van converted.

DOLMEN want a hell of a lot more details and if youve got a brand new NCT/DOE on the van they still want an engineers report if the van is over ten years old or a conversion, not to mention the straps with the Gas etc etc etc etc, they gave me a right run around.

Go to stuart was sorted out with them quick and little fuss!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i know dolmen r a nightmare,its actually worse getting the thing insured than getting it classed as a camper by the revenue,i kno w of only one perso thatll insure me at the moment because i dont have the pop top and i dont have a walk through from the front to the back,ill be in deep s..t if he doesnt insure me,but ive sent him photos and hes assured me he will,so still waiting for paperwork and reciept from sligo :* here's hoping????? what a pain getting insurance,revenue class it as a camper insurance companys dont ,could only happen hereLOL:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i know dolmen r a nightmare,its actually worse getting the thing insured than getting it classed as a camper by the revenue,i kno w of only one perso thatll insure me at the moment because i dont have the pop top and i dont have a walk through from the front to the back,ill be in deep s..t if he doesnt insure me,but ive sent him photos and hes assured me he will,so still waiting for paperwork and reciept from sligo :* here's hoping????? what a pain getting insurance,revenue class it as a camper, insurance companys dont ,could only happen hereLOL:

·
Registered
770 Posts
yeah i know dolmen r a nightmare,its actually worse getting the thing insured than getting it classed as a camper by the revenue,i kno w of only one perso thatll insure me at the moment because i dont have the pop top and i dont have a walk through from the front to the back,ill be in deep s..t if he doesnt insure me,but ive sent him photos and hes assured me he will,so still waiting for paperwork and reciept from sligo :* here's hoping????? what a pain getting insurance,revenue class it as a camper insurance companys dont ,could only happen hereLOL:
I've had had no issues with Dolmen. I think they could answer the phone more often and charge me less for insurance but apart from that I haven't a bad word to say against them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts