VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,thank you for adding me on the site,i have an issue with my bus,it appears to be constantly running a bit warm,
usually around the three quarter mark on the temp gauge,
I have changed just about everything on it,with no change,the fans are working,changed the thermostat,and flushed the rad through,but it still the same,has anyone had a similar issue??
If so,what should i be looking at?
Many thanks
andy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 1995 1.9td does the same. When I first got the van I took it to three different garages but they all said it was fine. I got an infrared thermometer and was reassured that the fans are coming on at the right temperature. I find my fuel gauge reads high too and so assume it is the gauge at fault.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
vw guages lie.

(y)

also, the temp guage is best considered a guide;)

I've run out of fuel (in my '95) with 1/4 tank showing but regurlarly get into the red:ROFLMAO:

Rich.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks rich,I'm beginning to think the guage is telling a Porkie,I know the fans work,and they do come on,it's never got so hot as to smell "hot" ,I might fit a VDO water temperature guage on a separate circuit,see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
as a guide,

heater cold = engine cold...

heater warm = engine warm...

heater blows fire* = insurance claim :ROFLMAO:

Rich.

*more common with those dreadfull rear engine'd Schitt-screen & Gay-window sheds:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,478 Posts
Might be a faulty voltage regulator. Pull out the speedometer and check the soldering points for the regulator. if fine, replace the regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts