VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to spec a new van ( 204ps LWB), I have asked the dealer to spec it with the 18" option wheels. They have told me I need in addition to the wheels " heavy duty anti-roll bars" at £195.00 and also pay for " tyres "255/45/R18 103XL wheels"at £100.00! Never had any issues before when I ordered my last 180PS T5GP with 18" wheels, surely when you select 18" wheels as an option surely the price listed includes tyres.
I tried the configurator and that came up with lots of silly other things that you supposedly need, any one else having similar issues or had similar issues with 18" options?

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like a money making scheme to me, I've left my 150 with the standard wheels and I'm gonna buy the 18s after so I can sell the originals.

Don't see why you would need different ARBs with larger wheels, I bet the call it a "sportpack" or something similar.

As for the tyres, who would get the wheels with no tyres? It should be one cost for both!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I'm trying to spec a new van ( 204ps LWB), I have asked the dealer to spec it with the 18" option wheels. They have told me I need in addition to the wheels " heavy duty anti-roll bars" at £195.00 and also pay for " tyres "255/45/R18 103XL wheels"at £100.00! Never had any issues before when I ordered my last 180PS T5GP with 18" wheels, surely when you select 18" wheels as an option surely the price listed includes tyres.
I tried the configurator and that came up with lots of silly other things that you supposedly need, any one else having similar issues or had similar issues with 18" options?

TIA
I have a T6 on order Mike. I was informed by the dealership that it will arrive with factory stock 17" alloys as spec. and that the 18" Sportline alloys I had my eye on would be at an additional cost. No mention of 'heavy duty anti-roll bars' and that additional cost. I will either source the Sportline elsewhere, choose something like the Stuttgart ST3 and sell the 17". That or keep the 17" alloys that my van will arrive with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I can supply the new Sportline alloys in black with polished rims anthracite or silver 18 inch
VW cost is £200 ish inc vat I can supply for £170 each
Check eBay item. 222248131944

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Check out the configurator on VW website. It shows what you have to add as extras and some weird necessary add ons. But with 18" wheels the Springfields at around £1500 have tyres included, whereas Palmerston wheels at over 2 grand - tyres are an additional £120.
May depend on the spec you have chosen before you get to wheel choice though as earlier on opting for 2 x folding keys as a no cost option required choosing different upholstery - can't work that one out other then moneymaking! :*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts