VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all does anyone have a picture of where the 2.4D Injector hard line goes from the pump to the injectors? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm unless I'm searching the wrong things I cannot find anything conclusive anywhere. These 2.4Ds seem to be a little elusive on info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Anyone? I just need to check I've reconnected back up in the correct firing order.

Here's what I have:

20210603_144908.jpg

1 goes to the port next to the allan bolt. 2 follows after then 4 and 5 and finally 3. All in a clockwise fashion as you look at where they connect to the pump (anti clockwise from belt side).

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,487 Posts
Unless you've bent them, they should only fit in one place.
If you have to strain to connect, they're wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you've bent them, they should only fit in one place.
If you have to strain to connect, they're wrong.
Yes they were horribly bent when the cylinder head was removed. This is why I am unsure if they are back to their original position. Ive had to manipulate them a fair bit to get them to reflect a standard fitting order. As the pump is rotary i have connected them 1,2,4,5,3 but ultimately i am unsure if i have the starting point correct.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I don't know how badly bent they could have gotten to make it impossible to check - I guess you haven't tried to start the motor yet (?)

Anyway, maybe you can compare this image with what you've got, though clearly and obviously it's not as clear nor as obvious as you'd like . . . .

BTW: You do know that you can resize your images after you've pasted them. I'm reading this on a laptop and full-size images scream at the reader.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know how badly bent they could have gotten to make it impossible to check - I guess you haven't tried to start the motor yet (?)

Anyway, maybe you can compare this image with what you've got, though clearly and obviously it's not as clear nor as obvious as you'd like . . . .

View attachment 193435

BTW: You do know that you can resize your images after you've pasted them. I'm reading this on a laptop and full-size images scream at the reader.
Cheers chap. As you say it's not the clearest it could be but in all honesty I can't see how I could have gotten it wrong.

Yes, the pipes were bent up to hell - seriously bent. I have tried to start it but it won't idle and kicks out unburnt white smoke diesel so I'm just trying to rule out incorrect connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts