VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently blew up my engine (1.9 ahu) and bought a replacement one to refit, but unfortunately I bought a passat ahu longitudinal engine with out realising :(:( I am just about ready to get the engine back in the van now but I cant seem to find the right water pump housing :* the casting on the block don't line up to a standard pump housing. when looking at passat pumps they look identical to what I have and im losing the will to live now, hopefully some on can point me in the right direction
cheers louis

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I recently blew up my engine (1.9 ahu) and bought a replacement one to refit, but unfortunately I bought a passat ahu longitudinal engine with out realising :(:( I am just about ready to get the engine back in the van now but I cant seem to find the right water pump housing :* the casting on the block don't line up to a standard pump housing. when looking at passat pumps they look identical to what I have and im losing the will to live now, hopefully some on can point me in the right direction
cheers louis
so your van is tdi convered? (as AHU engine)

and the replacement AHU is from a B5 Passat (inline engine / gearbox not transverse like the t4?)

Rich.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts