VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've got a 2008 t5. I don't think it's it got a can bus, as it hasn't got any of the extras only air con.

I'm interested in replacing the rcd 200 with an alternative vw head unit. I've been doing my research and I think the rcd 200 is the only vw head unit that will fit my dash. All other models have the rounded corners and non standard cage the device slides into.

So if I want a significant upgrade I need 3rd party head unit, kenwood, Sony pioneer etc.

Can anyone confirm my findings ?

Thanks I advance.

Dobbs.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
The new style RCD 310 will need a facia adaptor and a canbus adapter to stop batter drain but will fit
About £60 from us on ebay

If you want a head unit go for a Pioneer or ken wood
Plenty of threads on here
Best value is a Pioneer 940 style £699 fitted including VAT for most of UK
You can go for things like the Kenwood 4210 DAB
And if you wait a month the Pioneer gets DAB

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Hi,

I've got a 2008 t5. I don't think it's it got a can bus, as it hasn't got any of the extras only air con.

I'm interested in replacing the rcd 200 with an alternative vw head unit. I've been doing my research and I think the rcd 200 is the only vw head unit that will fit my dash. All other models have the rounded corners and non standard cage the device slides into.

So if I want a significant upgrade I need 3rd party head unit, kenwood, Sony pioneer etc.

Can anyone confirm my findings ?

Thanks I advance.

Dobbs.

Hi
Your vehicle does have canbus and requires a couple extra parts to install a 3rd party head unit.

A very popular head unit at the moment is the Pioneer AVH-X3500dab, which has a touch screen, Bluetooth handsfree, iPod control and a great DAB tuner, we installed one of these in a member of this forum 2008 T5 today, and they work superb.

You do have lots of options of units for your T5 , all depends on your budget....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts