VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think a few stories of what people use their vans for would be good, surfing, trips away etc.
One of them, can't remember if it was Bus or the other one, was touting for such articles a year or so back (with payment!). So I wrote one, sent it in with all the piccies. Didn't hear anything back. Chased them, they said yeah, thanks, got it. Nothing more.

If they weren't going to use it, at least they could have had the courtesy to say so and give reason why (including constructive criticism if it wasn't good enough, or not the appropriate content), I would have been happy to rewrite or try again. But without any feedback I can't be bothered guessing at what they want.

So I'll stick to writing up our trips on our blog, hopefully inspire and give ideas to those who want to go travelling a bit. I certainly get ideas from other peoples blogs (and to be fair, I haven't read any VW related mag for quite a while)

dan
bettybus.wordpress.com (<- cheeky blog drop! )

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
not into "blogs" - or mags
tend to put ours straight on here, surprised (& disappointed) more don't. nice to see pics of places we've been or new ideas - providing it's well north of course. I:
unless we have a problem with the van or see a thread where we might be able to help, it's what we search camping & excursions or new posts for

·
Registered
210 Posts
You are defiantly not being ripped off it was a mistake on my part and I apoliges for that. I thought it was only fair to the owner of the bus to have his full feature printed again in all its glory.

Yes it was your van T: I hope you liked the feature when I did get it right. The other couple thought it quite funny it happened and said we all make mistakes and atleast we owned upto it. It will not happen again we have things in place to stop this.

Thanks we are trying to please everyone.

Why Caddy's? Good question.

Readers are asking for them since we have started featuring them I have only received 1 email telling me they did not want to see caddy's featured, but plenty asking for them so I listened to them.

The title VWBus T4&5+ was chosen as it allows us to cover lots of vehicles we had to think of the future the + sign allows us to do this the T6 is also out soon.

My email address is [email protected] if anybody wants to send me a email to discuss anything or send me a PM on here, or come over and have a chat to me if you see me at any of the shows.

Regards

Jimmer T:T:

Fair play for coming back with a response many would have avoided it I am sure

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
One of them, can't remember if it was Bus or the other one, was touting for such articles a year or so back (with payment!). So I wrote one, sent it in with all the piccies. Didn't hear anything back. Chased them, they said yeah, thanks, got it. Nothing more.

If they weren't going to use it, at least they could have had the courtesy to say so and give reason why (including constructive criticism if it wasn't good enough, or not the appropriate content), I would have been happy to rewrite or try again. But without any feedback I can't be bothered guessing at what they want.

So I'll stick to writing up our trips on our blog, hopefully inspire and give ideas to those who want to go travelling a bit. I certainly get ideas from other peoples blogs (and to be fair, I haven't read any VW related mag for quite a while)

dan
bettybus.wordpress.com (<- cheeky blog drop! )

Hi Dan

I have never received anything from you but I do like your blog. If you want to contribute to our magazine please email me at [email protected]

Regards

Jimmer

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have subscribed to the mag since it first came out and enjoy flicking through the pages; I have a caravan to camp in because even though I'm a [email protected] I need more space. I enjoy seeing what improvements folk do to their vans be it a T4 / T5 or a caddy. So many people get their knickers in a twist about 'the scene' T4 v T5 v T this and that; I don't get it but then I'm not trying to be something that I'm not, or to impress others.

The acid test is would I miss it if it wasn't published; I probably would but like most things in life I'd get over it eventually. Once I've read it I pass my copy over to a mate who's a T4 owner for free. So there I: Rasp:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Dan

I have never received anything from you but I do like your blog. If you want to contribute to our magazine please email me at [email protected]

Regards

Jimmer
Hi Jimmer,

Must have been the other mag then (it's not that I think it's name can't be mentioned here, I just can't remember it!). Thanks for the reply (and comments about our blog), I shall drop you an email later.

ta
dan

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
To be honest was a little disappointed with this months offering. I know it's t4 and t5 bus but at least show one newer van each month, if I see another skull theme t4 interior I think I'll cry. And what's with the huge articles on the shows that show more pictures of people dressed up in fancy dress with a dog dressed up to match? I want to see vans not people reliving their youth. I think I'd like a t5.1 & t6 mag.

I love a good VW mag but I'm starting to favour your competitor more these days.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I remember the time before there were any T4/5 mags before the whole scene blew up.
And i think the guys, who are just dubbers like the rest of us who manned up and started the mags deserve a pat on the back for their continued perseverance trying to get something on the streets that we'll all want to read.

You'll never please everyone but if you don't like it don't read it. Or even better email Jimmer and suggest something you would like to see.

I'm not a huge fan of the vanilla chequebook campers and all the vans with the same layout but different trim. They quite frankly bore me.
I love the built not boughts where the owner has actually come up with clever ideas themselves, one that sticks in my mind is a green T4 that had his kettle and cups all fitted in to a carpetted wall build. Another that mounted his amps behind perspex under the offside window.
Its the ingenuity I love and thats what I look for at a show, stuff that gets me into my workshop to have a go.

So keep up the good work Jimmer and for my tuppence can we see more Readers rides not conversion company ponies..

And badgers..great big badgers....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wanted to show my support for VW Bus. Contradictory to most comments here, I fully enjoy the magazine and love reading about the Caddys along with all the other vans.

Keep up the good work.

Best,
Fred

21 - 32 of 32 Posts