VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi this is my first Post. But thought I would pass on some useful information. For about 6 months now I have been having starting problems first thing in the morning with my Caravelle. She would struggle to fire and then would sound like a Tractor for about 30 secs, then for the rest of the day she would be fine!! This was really getting on my nerves as she showed no fault codes and there was no obvious cause, it was looking like an expensive job to solve!!

But after a recommendation by a friend, I changed the Fuel Filter, and ever since she is back to her old self!! £30 and job done, I was just thinking that if others are having the same problem, that it may solve it for you, there does seem to be several posts along similar lines!!

Hope it works for you too!! Let me know if it works for you!!

Andy

·
Registered
172 Posts
were your starting problems intermittent or regular? was the oil level rising? once it started, did it run rough for a bit or just run smooth? when was fuel filter changed? are you 100% sure starting prob fixed or mayby its just hiding for a few weeks. some people report the problem gone for 3000klms before it comes back, meaning it wasnt really fixed they just thought it was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Fuel Filter was only changed recently, but it had an immediate effect. The engine used to run lumpy or rough for about 30 secs or so after starting, then she would run lovely. The starting problem was virtually every morning, no matter what the weather or temperature, thats why I didn't go down the Glowplug route, as the rough running after, indicated that it didn't have anything to do with glowplugs!! There was never a problem with Oil level that I was aware of.
But since the Filter change, it seems to be all good!! I will let you know if it changes, I just thought it may help some people out as a quick and simple solution!! I was keen to get it sorted before the cold weather made it even harder to start!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts