VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VW Caravelle - Surf / Dayvan - Only 115k - £2,950

1992 VW T4 Caravelle - 2.0 Petrol SWB with Tailgate

I have owned this Caravelle for the past 3 years and it has proved to be very reliable. I am only selling it as we are moving house and I need the space. I bought it as a very straight and original 8 seater Caravelle with a view to converting it to a Camper / Day Van for my surfboards and trips down to Cornwall with the family.

This year alone it has completed 6 x 500 mile round trips down to Cornwall and back (approx 5 hours non stop driving each way) and hasn't missed a beat!

• Classic shape, early T4 model now becoming collectable - now 21 years old
  • Low mileage - Only 115,000 Miles (not the usual 200k+ mileage)
  • 2.0i Petrol (AAC) engine - bullet proof and ultra reliable - averages 35mpg on run
  • Factory fitted windows all round - with 2 x rear sliding windows
  • 5 speed manual / non power steering model
  • LEZ exempt
  • Recent oil change and service carried out - runs very well and cruises well on motorways
  • New Bosch battery fitted - with 3 year warranty
  • New middle and rear exhaust sections fitted this year
  • Converted from 8 seater Caravelle to Surf / Dayvan - (never been used by builders or as a works van)
  • Fully insulated, ply lined floor with matching side units / cupboards
  • Lowered 50mm with TUV approved heavy duty springs all round
  • 16 inch alloys with new load rates tyres all round
  • New tow bar recently fitted
  • Seats 3 up front - driver and double passenger with 3 point seat belts
  • Rock and Roll bed
  • New CD/DVD player fitted with motorised screen up front
  • Original VW T4 roof bars with locks fitted
  • Taxed and MOT'd

Overall, the Caravelle is very presentable as you will see from the photos it polishes up well for its age. Please bear in mind, it is 21 years old so you will find some paintwork defects and a few spots of surface rust here and there.

Car is based in Cranleigh, Surrey (between Guildford and Horsham).

Any questions please text / call 07436 811098.

£2950 ono

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, can you tell me how much tax and mot is on your camper please? Also what's the underneath like - is there any rust? Any advisories? Just sold my T2 and looking for a T4 but I am anti rust at the moment! Thank you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, can you tell me how much tax and mot is on your camper please? Also what's the underneath like - is there any rust? Any advisories? Just sold my T2 and looking for a T4 but I am anti rust at the moment! Thank you.
Current MOT runs until end Jan next year (too soon to re- test at present but not aware of any issues) and Tax until end Feb next year. Previous advisories were tyres (had 4 x new load rated tyres fitted since), exhaust (new mid and rear sections since fitted) and slight play in steering rack which I've had looked at and not serious enough to replace at this stage.

It's very solid underneath, certainly compared to a T2 - I know from previous experience of owning a 69 early Bay then a 72 Bay before the T4! However, it's an early T4 which is now 21 years old - so you will find surface rust and knocks here and there on the bodywork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts