VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an issue with the van this morning, the boys had a look, helped me on my way and told me to call back later for reassessment. When i returned i brought up another problem i'd been having with my side door, the fact it was almost impossible to close it with out some 'help' I: Luckily for me, they are now stocking the roller and relevant items for fixing the door roller. However, on further inspection it became apparent that the channel where the roller moves along was rusted through at the closing end. Steve was not happy to just replace the roller, knowing the rusted channel would tear up the new rollers in no time, so took it upon himself to remove a section of channel and weld in a new section. A: He also greased up the locking mechanism so it closes smooth.

So just to summarise

Totally remove the side door
Clean out side door channel
Remove and clean up lower arm and fit new roller
Remove rotten section of channel
Weld in replacement section of channel
Remove interior panel of side door to grease lock mechanism
Grease middle roller
Replace door
Assesment of original problem
New water coolant cap
3 x Tea and biscuits

all for (and this is the best bit).......................£20.00 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't thank you enough steve's T:T:T:

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I had to recheck that the date was March the 1st and not April the 1st. I: Excelent value. That's the kind of service I'd give my eye teeth for. T: Look after them. Cheers, Tony.

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
all for (and this is the best bit).......................£20.00 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't thank you enough steve's T:T:T:
They've got the decimal point in the wrong place, Josh... :eek: That was a reet bargain... A:

Seriously though, the Steves will always look after you - that's some quality RHDC pricing right there fella - think you can officially take the 'Trainee' tag off now... ;)

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
RHDC pricing... but at what cost?! I witnessed some of the horror that being in RHDC means :eek:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Proper bargain from "the Steves"

(but you want to keep those RHDC prices to
Yourself otherwise everyone will expect stuff doing at 2p/Hour labour rates :D)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
yea always take my work to them now. top guys down there and ill always reccomend them to people.

but as neal said. id keep RHDC price to yourself mate... else everyone is gna be expecting work carried out for cheap

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts
its nice to see its not all about the scene tax there are some proper bods T:eek:ut there for the love of it not the pants down roger some one to fill there wallets type I:

well done guys :ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
must have been a slack day ;) int mates rates great
Not a slack day,we are booked up until 3rd week in march.
Our excuse was we had already done a T4 clutch in the morning and vagcom dignostic check and correct TDI timing on another T4,we were about to put a Velle on the lift for an auto to manual conversion,so the opportunity to do an eay sliding door roller replacement job compared to the auto/manual job was a delight.
We buy the rollers in bulk because we replace them regularly so our price is better than competitive,didnt know about the track worn out until we looked closer,the price had already been agreed for just the roller and we coudnt do half the job by not repairing the track.
Being T4 enthusiasts and friends with Josh (URlucky13) we thought we would help him out and do the job right :)

Coolant tank cap was second hand and surplus so that was a freebee T:

Josh often drops in for a cuppa on his way past and brings in lovely biscuits and even brews up when we are too busy to do it ourselves :cool:

We go the extra mile with all our customers vehicles because we are passionate,proffessional,entusiastic and caring :ILU:

Thanks for the shout Josh :cheers

p.s. once Josh had left we pulled appart a 1.9TDI motor ready for Gazzbees conversion on monday,auto to manual commences tomorrow

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
Glad to see things are going good steve, its well deservedT:

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
No more cake for you Steve if the owner of the 'Velle finds out he got Bumped for an easier job LOL:

(I won't say owt I:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts