VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Vw Crafter Shiftmatic probs! Help

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Levi VW 
#1 ·
Hello I have a Vw crafter shiftmatic semi auto 2.5 tdi minibus, the gearbox is driving me mad.

in short in the mornings on a cold start will start select gears no problem and I can drive all day every where with no problems. If I turn it off and restart(sometimes this happens after 1 or 2 starts) it won’t want to select gears. No reverse nodrive and some sort of noise from engine. Leave it for a few hours and it will be fine. I have replaced the oil both hydraulic fluid and gearbox manual fluid. Also done the break switch (read on here door switch) not sure what that is. Like I said once it starts in morning it will drive however long you want it to- turn it off it will have a funny start and even before I engage it in gear I can hear a slight possibly flywheels noise from engine bay/ possibly the box and it won’t engage gears, can any one point me in the correct direction will really be appreciated.

#3 ·
I am also experiencing an intermittent problem with the Crafter shiftmatic gearbox.
Starts in a morning, throws a flashing F after a hours drive and then sometimes locks me out from starting the ignition with a flashing N.
A mechanic has found a error code stating internal pressure sensor but wants to fit a new gear box. trying to find a solution before fitting a recondition gear box.

Anyone have experience of this issue or have any ideas/pointers to save my current gearbox?

A different mechanic suggested topping up the gearbox manual fluid and hydraulic fluid for the gearbox but person who started this thread seems to have tried the same with no luck.

any help much appreciated

Levi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.