VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im a newbie looking for something around 5k. Preferably kombi/crew can type with 5 seats,sink and cooker a bonus.what sort of things should I be looking out for when buying a van on a low budget? Parents have 2003 t4 clubman autosleeper and brother has 1992 t4 carravelle campervan so I'm wanting to join the club.thanks

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Tbh i would say you just cant get it for 5k
I helped a friend find an empty panel van on a5k budget 2 years ago ended up spending 7k just to get a decent panel van
If he had of bought one of the vans we saw for 5k he would have spent a lot more long term
Post up what you do find / are off to see and you will get dome honest opinions and good advice
Ps welcome to the forum 👍

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hate to disagree but absolutely can get a good van for £5k.

Look for a 2006, 2007 age van with 1 or 2 owners and full service history. Typically, a builder or carpenter who has owned it from new.

I bought a LWB 2.5 T32 Kombi with twin sliders and windows all round on 200k miles for less than £5k. I bought from the original buyer, with full service history (and I mean every single receipt from day dot), and all the major problems done.

There's a two very small area of rust to fix on the arches but otherwise, it's a really clean van.

They're out there, you've just got to look for the right one.

Since you want a simple day van, i'd suggest you do the conversion your self (with help from here). For a simple conversion it can be done for a relatively low budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts