VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away on holiday for a week, so I am just catching up on the forum.

Before I went away there was a thread about camping and club display at the VW Festival in Leeds. It now appears to have vanished?

Does anyone know what is happening, or did I have too many beers and imagine the thread.

Is the club camping still on or is it every man/woman for themselves?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gary,
Hi, you’re not imagining it there was a thred about Leeds that now seems to have disappeared I:. From last one I looked at it seemed that we did have forum camping as there was a list of vans. Rob64981 was doing the organising so maybe worth while dropping him a pm. Cheers JD :)

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JD,

I have dropped Rob a PM but got no reply. Are you planning on going? Can you remember who else was on the list?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gary,
Hi, can’t remember the list of top of my head: *, maybe if we don't get response from Rob would need to contact Paul at the Leeds as i know Rob was in frequent contact with him. I’ll also check out if he responses via facebook I:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gary
Hi, mystery solved, Rob has been banned form the forum :( , for what I don’t now but i have always found him to be more than helpful and overall a very decent chap, will be a sad loss in my view!!
Anyway result is I’m going to contact him and hopefully get details of who had paid and was due to come as I’m sure camping together would still be on.
Will be in touch, cheers JD T:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i too have spoken to rob about the festival.

unless there's any plans for a convoy in from somewhere, camping friday night etc etc, i'll be getting there for about 12:30 when they open the gates, i'll try and secure some camping area for us, and you shall be able to get me on ch 25 on the cb or 07903 258 196 look for the gin palace!

so are there any plans for a convoy etc?

·
Registered
270 Posts
T: Hi Dave we'd be up for a convoy depending on where it was setting off from, were in Halifax and also want to get there for gates opening. cheers JD T:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dave,

I'm in Oldham. Can set off any time, so I am up for a convoy.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i'm in harrrogate so just up the road! can anyone think of somewhere to meet up for breakfast and then head over in convoy?? quite happy for everyone to meet up here for a coffee but i guess most of you's would end up passing harewood to get here.

there's a few retail parks in leeds where we could meet up, with maccy ds, gregs etc

what do you all reckon?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure what it is called, but there is the retail park with the Ikea on it just outside of Leeds that might make a good meeting point.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
yeah i know where you mean. Could be a bit busy sat morning. What about the one one junction up at b and q. There's usually a chuck wagon in the car park. Probably wont be as busy.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure where that is, but I am sure I could find it with some directions (with sat nav).

·
Registered
2 Posts
DiscoDave could be on about the B+Q at Junction 1 of the M621.

When is this festival? Is it @ Harewood Hillclimb by any chance? Might nip over for a butchers if I'm available.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi guys, T:
Meeting at junction one is fine with us and sounds cool :D, just need to know a time??
Also below is the list developed of people/ vans attending, know it obvious but the £ = paid already A:. If people do want to camp together can they please put post up so numbers can be gathered as I believe we are now just getting there early and hoping to bag a big enough spot. Feel free to add name on if also attending and want to camp up together.

Not long to go now, looking forward to seeing everyone, cheers JD H: H:

£Rob64981
£AA Dave
£GazHow
£James Dean
T4Guy
Ozymaster
Fiverods
£GetRad
OzyMaster
BlackpoolT4
£Disco Dave
Quicksilver-ash
White van Al
T4 Sunday
£M4rty2472
£Discodave
£Getrad
£Jean-claude van man
£Chezzy71

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I'll be over there on the Sunday but unfortunately not with the T4 :(

I will be there with the mk1 golf though H:so if anyone sees a blue cabriolet with a grey roof on the mk1 owners stand its me, so please say hello as it's always nice to put faces to names.

A:A:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Will be tipping up Saturday and will be bringing along some friends who have a nice white T5. Hope to see you all there, :ILU:

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
sorry to hear about rob getting band. no idea why, he was a good chap from my dealings with him. any way iv just paid for mi tikets so ill be heading down. problem is gota wate for the missus to finish work so wont be setting off from sheff till about 4 ish, any one going that l8?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts