VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the standard vw keys, ( doesnt have remote central locking )
are they waterproof??

just wondered cos i wonna go surfing :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I dont think they are
we use one of these

DON'T leave your key on a tyre, under a rock etc.

If you're going up to croyde or saunton Tiki sell them and also those lockboxes, but I think it was someone on here who said that they had one broken into :eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Not sure if you can take them in the water.....but I just got another key cut [about £5] ...it doesn't need the chip to open the door[only to start the van] & is slimmer than the chipped one, so just put it round my neck & it lays flat under my wetsuit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
not seen those bags befor,
they're good and work very well, we've always used them. However, like t42 said you can just get a key cut and use that too on a bit of string - perferable actually i think because the only thing about the aquapac is the plastic bar at the top is rigid, so wherever it sits under your wetsuit you feel it.
I have a front zipped over head wetsuit so it sits flat on my chest, not too bad but if you have a zip at the back, then it has to lie across your spine, can be uncomfy with the tightness of the wetsuit.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with T42 a non chipped spare for a fiver is the way to go. Much more comfy under a wetsuit.
But do not stick it in your ignition it can cause the immobiliser to reset itself apparently.
:eek: the last thing you want after a session.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've only got the one key and i was faced with the dialemma last week when i went to Brighton, i just stuck it in my pocket, waded into the sea and hoped for the best - it was fine. B

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have one of those keypod things and hang it on the front towing eye. Not sure they'd take a lot of abuse to break off but its better than on the wheel.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just about to tell you where I kept mine:bhd
Now that would have been Stupid!
Need to get my cheap non chip key cut. a little silicone (like you use on dry suit seals) should help keep the rust at bay.
Happy swimming:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
get the key pod combination lock that hooks on Ur towing eye ,problem solved , about £20 in any surf shop and the r insurance recommended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts