VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i brought a mint condition vw MFD2 for my 2005 VW T5, after moddifying the dash to get it to fit, i can only manage to wire it in a way that it can be switched on manually, my T5 is a early t5 and has the K bus system not Can bus, ive tried to wire in a canbus adaptor which take normal iso wiring and replicates the canbus signal but its pretty much hit or miss, im thinking of selling it on with the modified fascia panel, ideal for somebody with a 2006 onwards van as its plug and play,has satnav aerial, aerial adaptors and facility for reversing camera, anybody got an idea on what its worth before i put it in the forsale section?
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi yes I've seen that tread seems a little too complicated, just wish my van had came with the canbus quadlock, if anybody knows where I can find one of these magical leads to convert to canbus please let me know or I'm afraid it's up for sale and ideal for somebody with a 06 onwards? Steve

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Can you post a pic of the rear of the stereo ?

Had trouble finding leads to fit a double din vw CD player in my 2005 T5, used a set of these off Ebay: 151129721500 along with an aerial converter lead too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi i brought a mint condition vw MFD2 for my 2005 VW T5, after moddifying the dash to get it to fit, i can only manage to wire it in a way that it can be switched on manually, my T5 is a early t5 and has the K bus system not Can bus, ive tried to wire in a canbus adaptor which take normal iso wiring and replicates the canbus signal but its pretty much hit or miss, im thinking of selling it on with the modified fascia panel, ideal for somebody with a 2006 onwards van as its plug and play,has satnav aerial, aerial adaptors and facility for reversing camera, anybody got an idea on what its worth before i put it in the forsale section?
[/URL][/IMG]

I would be very interested in how you did this and how much modification you had to do to the dash, as I'v just got hold of one of these units. It was free so happy days. How you wired it up would be helpful as I' a bit lost with wiring cheers in anticipation, Yanky

·
Registered
226 Posts
Any one out there who could shed some light on how to fit this head unit please, as it's just sitting in the spare room at the moment and it would look a dam sight better that the one I'v got in. Any help would be gratefully received. :)T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts