VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I am currently saving my pennies up to buy a T5 but I am struggling to stop buying things for the conversion. I have currently got a fridge, an oven (but its a little small so will put it in the boat instead) and will be picking an oven and grill soon. I have loads of camping gear i.e chairs, ali folding tables, fibreglass gas bottle etc.
Firstly I am planning on either building my own cabinets or buying a flat pack kit off Ebay - £275 for a ready made cabinet is cheap in my eyes and saves a lot of messing around. I will be fitting a 3/4 rock n roll bed.
Once I have enough funds after the initial buy and basic conversion I am planning on swivel base for front double seat, pop top roof and alloys.
Lighting will be taken care of by LED strips, down lights and spot lights.
I am planning on getting a 1.9 85ps and then getting it mapped to around 140, although I wont say no to a 102 and then get that mapped. I dont want a 2.5 as insurance is a little bit more and as I will be using the van as a daily driver I want the best MPG I can get.
TO ALL THE MOANERS - I AM NOT NOCKING THE 2.5, I WOULD LOVE ONE IF I COULD AFFORD IT.
This is the plan but whether or not it will all happen in the order and time frame I am predicting is another thing.

I am a VW enthusiast and always take pride and care in my cars.
My car history is as follows -
1st 1973 1200cc beetle
2nd 1972 1200cc beetle with 1641cc engine swap and pre 67 panels
3rd fiat punto for 5 days untill I decided I'd rather catch the bus to work than be seen in a fiat.
4th 2000 lupo sport
5th 2001 Polo GTI (currently for sale)
6th 2003 Bora 130 TDI (possibly for sale)
7th ?????? hopefully a T5 van

1 - 1 of 1 Posts