VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks

I have found it a bit confusing to identify suitable alloys for the latest T32 (which I have on order). I always try and stick to original equipment from VW if possible and I enquired with VW UK over the weekend on their website to establish the load limits of the wheels advertised in their accessories brochure. This was their response to my query:

"Listed below are the load limits for the tyres you have detailed, where possible;

* Tangis - Available in 16" only - 1750kg limit
* Sima 16" - 1840kg limit
* Dakar 18" - 1650kg limit
* Sportline - Available in 18" only - 1910kg limit
* Canberra - Load rating is not listed but the alloys are only available on Transporter Kombi's with a 140PS engine."

So for the T32 (with a 1680kg axle load), it seems the Tangis and Sima will be up to the job and accept the original tyres fitted to the steelies, the Dakar's are not appropriate/legal, but the Sportlines are fine.

Any wisdom on the Canberra's to finish off the job for me? Should be stamped on the inside of the wheel somewhere.

I have to say, I visited Dane VW Van Centre in Wrexham the previous week to see what wheels would be suitable and they said "none". In terms of customer service, they are both consistent and exceptional, take neither adjectives as a compliment. :rolleyes:

Hope this is of help but I open to be corrected - these things are important if you get picked up by the plod.

Cheers

Marc

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
Excellent work. I did notice the other day when I orderred my Sportlines that they are the only 18" Aftermarket wheel which had "suitable for T32" written on the photo. The fact that Canberras aren't listed in the van brouchure as being suitable suggests they aren't up to spec either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
we have a set of 16 inch genuine vw wheels with new tyres (2 rears bought last august done approx 3000 and 2 that 2months old done under 1000) that will be selling soon all with load rated tyres. (check thunderbird3 in pictures there on the van) as just bought 18 ronals. Get in touch if interested no rush at the mo as got to get ronals cleaned and tyred. Enjoy your new bus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts