VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks
Your most recent recruit here.
I have a T5.1 2013 with an RCD310DAB fitted and working well. As I am very old I still have CD’s so bought a 6 Disc multi-changer from the eBays. It is a genuine VW unit (Panasonic) and has come With the under seat bracket and a 12 pin connector.
In the back of the head unit there is already a connector (with only 3 wires to it) in the port for the changer (bottom left I believe). I have had my head under the seats for some time and cannot see where this should be connected.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Hi Ste and welcome mate 👋
Ive never seen a auto changer in a t5.1 , was it ever an option from factory? Maybe on earlier t5 models they might have an idea as to where the changer 'should' be mounted..
Either that or you'll have to just run the new lead in under the seat.
Good luck 🤞

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,759 Posts
The CD socket on the head unit is also used as an Auxiliary input, so you've probably got a jack socket somewhere? It's unclear from your post if you've got a lead for the changer, if you have you'll need to take the connectors out of the plug in the CD socket & put them in your lead, if you're expecting to find a lead under the seat or anywhere else, you won't!

Volkswagen RCD 310 pin assignments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I figured that the cd port had been taken by a simple jack lead with only having the three wires. The multi changer may have to go on the back burner for now as I use the jack (glove box). Should maybe get with the times and use mp3.
thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts