VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going up for sale due to work providing me with a van which I can use when I want to go surfing!

VW T4:- 1.9TD Xreg with just under 122k on the clock, which as most people know is pretty much nothing for one of these!

It's got 12 months MOT as of today, the exhaust had a big crack so it failed on that, welded up and passed with no other advisories.

It's got a good service history, plenty of stamps in the book and a service when I bought it about 3 months ago. I was going to convert it to a surf bus but with the work van, it's just not worth it! Although if I dont get the money I want for it I will convert it and sell it in the summer! I'm in no rush at the moment.

Spec:
1.9TD
around 122k, driven daily so will rise very slightly.
good service history
12 months MOT
Tax till end of Jan but can tax if needed.
Single and Double seat in the front
Clear indicators
Gearstick Extension and 8 ball gear knob.
Gears all select smoothly.
Had a new clutch about 15k ago by the last owner.
The back is empty (ish, it's got a double fold down seat with a 3 point belt mount welded to the Pillar in the correct place)
It was a mobile welders van before I bought it, so not lugged too much heavy gear around but the inside is scraped and dinged in places.
The roof lining is covered in a cool ikea material and has 4 Ikea Dioder lights fitted professionally by discodave (Harrogate)
Genuine VW Phaeton Alloys with pretty decent tyres, one could do with replacing soon but will get this done if it's not sold in the next couple of weeks.
It has a megavanmats cab mat in the front.
JVC Cd/aux/usb headunit.

The van has little in way of rust, a very small amount on the arches (would come off easily with a wire brush on a grinder and is only surface rust, not rot!) A little bit on the sill under the fuel filler cap, again not rot, just surface rust.

Bad points:
The van could do with paint at some point soon, I was going to get it resprayed and got a quote of £900-1000 from a local lad who has done some sterling work for friends in the VW scene. The blue paint is fairly dull in places, looks nice after a wash and polish but I like my vehicles to be proper shiny!
There is a small oil leak, which is the O rings on the oil cooler, it's £5 and an hour if you're handy with spanners or an hours labour at a garage if you're not! The oil leak is pretty insignificant, where it's parked on my drive there's a slightly mucky patch from 3 months, nothing bad at all.

It needs to be viewed really, I bought it blind and was over the moon with it, I've spent a few hundred quid on little bits and bobs since I got it, including the service and MOT but as it stands now I just want a practical daily run around so am happy for this to go to someone who wants to do their own conversion and wants a nice base van!

I'm looking for £2950 o.n.o, I'd consider a part ex for pretty much anything but I have to be sensible with the insurance as I'm only a youngen and can't really look at any kind of sports car. Ideally a diesel estate. Or cash. Or both!

I'll pop some pics up tomorrow when it's light and I've given it a clean!

It's an honest van, I bought it to replace the last one I sold after I missed it like mad but it's silly to drive a van day to day when I could use a car/estate.

I'm at george.mcconville (at) gmail.com if you want me, PM on here is fine but I check emails more often!

Available to view in Leeds anytime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi George,

Would be interested to see a few pictures of the van when you've got them done tomorrow - drop me an email to bones666(at)me.com - could be just what I'm looking for!

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Added some pics of the van, got a few more on my computer I can email over and also going to take more when it's not hammering down!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PM's and emails replied to!

Will be available for viewing Sunday as I'm moving house Sat.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would get beheaded by my other half if I turned up in that. Which I would love to do. Sideways.

·
Registered
374 Posts
might be interested in this if it still available... can you list any more about it?

PAS?
electric windows?
airbags?
central locking?
etc...

Thanks in adavance....

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi mate-

The van essentially has none of the above...

No A/C, Central Locking or Airbags.

PAS as standard on all T4's though...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply - can you post any pictures of the interior please?

I may be interested but I'd be coming from Peterborough (a two hour trip to view) so I need to sortve make a judgement beforehand wether it is worth a visit for a proper look. Looks nice tho.

Would appreciate it very much.

Did you get my email?

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm keen to have a look at the van this weekend possibly?

Can you post any more pictures of the interior please?

Sorry to pester - I'm carless after by old car blew up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts