VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i drive up a hill in my van it seems as if it is lacking power, i can here that the turbo is working so i know its not that. Even when it drives on flat surface it dont seem like it is picking up properly, my 2.4 had more power and it didnt have a turbo. I have noticed on the intercooler there is a sensor which have got a hair line crack in it, could this be the problem??? (Thank-you).:ILU:

·
Registered
773 Posts
need to try maf,n75,cat could be blocked, check little pipes around turbo, there is a few of the reasons that i can think of off the top of my head,. if you can find someone with vag-com it may show some fault codes that shows you whats up T:

·
Registered
621 Posts
just my 2p s worth,mine was coming and going with power plus the odd stall fot no reason,eventually traced it to a blocked fuel pipe,i took the seats out and removed fuel lines,disconnected fuel lines under the bonnet,i then blasted 120psi of air down the lines and the amount of that came out was unbelivable,reconnected everthing and touch wood all is goodT:

·
Registered
131 Posts
had same prob, changed maf ( a proper one-vw), cleared out egr valve, checked cat. loads of difference. a good fuel filter.
will make all the diffrence.T:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
something simple like a fuel filter could be the problem,having that loss of power up hills at the moment and changing mine tomorrow

to anyone who has changed a fuel filter with abs above how long has it took you T:

·
Registered
131 Posts
suppose it depends on filter type but every time i change mine i fill it first with clean diesel before putting it back together, that way dont have alot if any air in system. has worked for me in the past, half hour and done..:D

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
When i drive up a hill in my van it seems as if it is lacking power, i can here that the turbo is working so i know its not that. Even when it drives on flat surface it dont seem like it is picking up properly, my 2.4 had more power and it didnt have a turbo. I have noticed on the intercooler there is a sensor which have got a hair line crack in it, could this be the problem??? (Thank-you).:ILU:
You are best getting it on vag com mate and see if you have any fault codes it will save you money in the long run.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorted the problem, it was the map sensor on the intercooler. Thanks for your replys guys!!!!T:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts