VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am considering buying my first Vw t4 2.5 td, but I know nothing about them. The one I have seen looks in great condition, but the mileage is 304,000.

cambelt was replaced 6,000 miles ago and clutch was replaced 80,000 miles ago. Aircon recently overhauled too.

the price is £3250

is this a good deal?

Any help would be much appreciated, Thank you

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It’s a lot of miles, but looks clean in the (admittedly small) photos. Got a pickup in a taxi in Norway with over 850,000km and was still good....so if it’s been maintained could have many miles left. Most important thing is rust. If the structure is good - I would consider it.
2 owners is very low and the price is not ridiculous either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Poffer, thanks for the reply. I will have to double check with the owner as he said there have only been 2 owners, but in the gumtree details it says 4 owners? Anyway other than that he said the only issues are the front electric windows are intermittent and the passenger side door won’t lock ( he suggested new locks) as he only has one key. Also the mot is up next month 😕

it‘s something to consider anyway,

thanks for replying 👍

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I think I would be wary without an mot. They have been available all the time throughout the lockdown, so no excuse not to have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it’s definitely off putting, maybe i’ll give it a swerve.

thanks for the response 👍

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
These things rust badly, look lovely on the eye but dig a wee bit deeper. Trust me I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks jc1

i’ve decided against it anyway, due to short mot and faults with electric windows and door locks.

thanks for the reply though 👍

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think that looks like a decent buy without viewing. Clean mot history so rust is probably minimal. If someone has gone to the effort of fixing ac I'm sure it would of been looked after.
Nice van overall imo.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,204 Posts
Facts stated don't tie up.
88bhp...but has the 102 intercooler?
1 place says 2 owners, at the side it says 3...

Volunteer to pay for the MOT...if it passes, buy it.
Windows and locks are most likely the common broken wires in the door bellows....cheap/easy fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts