VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I'm after some help please. I have a T4, 1994, 2.5petrol. It's been running poorly, the idle has been lumpy and will stall when coming to a junction. I've had several mechanics look who all say it's fine, it isn't as it's running like a tractor. I've had the Ecu reprogrammed and was told by one mechanic, oh it will run ok after 15mins! Any ideas greatly appreciated as I'm running out of mechanics who will even look at it.

Esentially the idle is lumpy at all times, power can drop off when driving. This has happened to the extent that I've only been able to get 5mph.

This doing my head in so any ideas/help is appreciated.

If anyone knows a good mechanic near Swadlincote (1/2 hr south of Derby) it would be good to hear too.

Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Hi SAM. Take a look at all the vacumn pipes and change if any look suspect cheapest way first and it could sort it out
Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Thanks,

Should've said we've already done vacuum pipes, thermostat, temp sensor, pulse sender in the distributer, distributor cap, rotor arm and had the ecu reprogrammed.

After that still lumpy idle, sudden lack of power and stalling!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Just spent the last 6 months of mine running bad,changing all sorts of parts,in the end my vacuum pipes wernt routed correctly

and if you look at this photo,the 2 green blanking grommet on the top of the engine,once I took the one on the right off it ran 100% better strangely!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chaps

I'll get on those things ASAP and see what difference it makes.

Also, totally agree re The Seagulls as my team A:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Also, totally agree re The Seagulls as my team A:
Not one of you Bwighton customers get the sarcasm in my footnoteI:
You will not get promoted,another bottle job and the penguin will be in for another 25millionLOL:LOL:

Come on the PALACERasp:Rasp:

P.S,,,,,,,,,,,,hope you get the van sorted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doh, I missed that on my phone! :)

We'll pass you on your way down Rasp: I seem to recall we went top today A:

Cheers for the van advice, hoping all the pointer will help us solve, going on a buying spree now as doing a fair few miles next week

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Just spent the last 6 months of mine running bad,changing all sorts of parts,in the end my vacuum pipes wernt routed correctly

and if you look at this photo,the 2 green blanking grommet on the top of the engine,once I took the one on the right off it ran 100% better strangely!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts