VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VW T4 Westfalia California - Deposit taken

After a couple of happy years camping it is time to sell our early VW T4 Westfalia.

We have had some great holidays away and only reason for sale is that we don't use it enough now our kids are older.

It has all the original fixtures and fittings and we have added lowering springs, top and bottom ball joints, cam belt and water pump change, respray last year in Westfalia silver (as a new front wing was needed), new tyres all round, new front panel and spot lights. MOT expires 24th April 2017.

Camper has hob (spirit burner), sink and tap, cupboards, fridge, 4 belted seats, 4 berth, safe, diesel night heater, brand new colour coded curtains, 2 x leisure batteries, hook up cable and removable table.

Also have a tailored rainbow cover which insulates the pop top and mattress topper which will include if price is right.

Has the usual misting in the double glazing which is common but can be repaired, we never felt the need to get it done.

Has the 2.4d engine fitted which will move along nicely on the motorway with the normal 5 speed manual box, will happily sit at 70mph on motorway. All the seats and mattress are original and in very good condition considering the age.

Have an agreed valuation with insurers of £11k.

Thanks for looking and please contact me if interested or want to ask any further questions, Ben 07581-308532.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, quite interested in this. Do you have details of miles, previous owners, service history etc?
Where is it based?
Thanks,
Pete

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete
Sorry,forgot to add that information.

The van was imported in 2009 from Germany and I am the second UK owner. As a result I don't have any history from when it was living in Germany but do have a stack of receipts from 2009 onwards. The van has only just had a service of oils, filters etc

Mileage is relatively low for age at 165k miles (shows in kms on dash 266000 as still on original clocks).

Van is in Solihull, west midlands.

Thanks for interest and let me know if want to view etc

Cheers Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ben

Is van still for sale?

If so, some questions if I can:

Were there any other repairs done when respray was carried out apart from front wing e.g. welding?
Do you have any recent photos with pop top up?
What general condition is roof canvas in?
Does the rear seat have 2x 3 point seat belts? Can't see from the photos.

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate,
Yes van still for sale.

No other welding done when wing replaced and sprayed. Good solid van.

I don't have any pictures of the pop top roof fabric on my phone but can send later if you would like?
The fabric is fine, has a few repair patches but other than that has been fine in rain. It is in general used condition.

Please note I could also include the tailored rainbow pop top cover which is brand new and does make it look even better
Whilst also giving the benefit of the insulation properties and retains the window in the front of the pop top for added light.

Seat belts in rear are 2x3 point standard fitment on all t4 westys (I looked at a few).

Let me know if you want pop top pics or would like to view ?

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ben

Thanks for coming back to me.

Am interested in seeing van. I'm based in Newcastle upon Tyne and wondered if you be willing to meet me somewhere so I can view the van (Donington Services perhaps?). Potentially this coming weekend?

Cheers

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts