VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a pretty rough 2002 2.5 TDi which goes pretty good and getting better as I work through it. My question is it should have the 88 AJT engine, but on the plastic engine cover it has ACV. So it makes me wonder if it has had a ACV engine planted in it at some time? I just wondered how you told the difference between the two. It has a intercooler but that could have been retrofitted.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi, I bought a pretty rough 2002 2.5 TDi which goes pretty good and getting better as I work through it. My question is it should have the 88 AJT engine, but on the plastic engine cover it has ACV. So it makes me wonder if it has had a ACV engine planted in it at some time? I just wondered how you told the difference between the two. It has a intercooler but that could have been retrofitted.
There is no difference at all. The inter cooler & injectors + Map were the difference. Same as the auto AUF which had a boss on the crank for the torque converter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that, it was what I was thinking but wanted to check. So I would assume the O2B gearbox would bolt straight on to a ACV engine, without effecting the gearing.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
There’s many different gear sets for the 02B box depending on the model code, 02B is just the box type which fits 4 & 5 cyl engines, later 02G only fit 5 cyl, there’s a list on here somewhere listing gearbox type and ratio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts