VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went away in my van this weekend and when I came to drive home I noticed that the sound from my speakers had completely changed, they have lost all bass and sound really tinny and terrible, my phone sound is better quality now. All the in menu settings are exactly the same as they were and prior to this weekend it's always sounded fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and found a fix?

Thanks in advance.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,096 Posts
Depending on spec, some facelifts have only door speakers, some have dash tweeters as well, and some have additional speakers in the back. Do you know which you have, and whether all of the speakers you have are still working?

At a guess I would suspect that you have functioning dash tweeters and failed door speakers, but obviously that's just guesswork.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine sounded tinny and distorted also. when i took the door cards off i found the speaker cones had split in places. i did manage to superglue them back together and they work fine now, but an upgrade to better quality ones is probably the thing to do when funds allow.

·
Premium Member
4,683 Posts
I went away in my van this weekend and when I came to drive home I noticed that the sound from my speakers had completely changed, they have lost all bass and sound really tinny and terrible, my phone sound is better quality now. All the in menu settings are exactly the same as they were and prior to this weekend it's always sounded fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and found a fix?

Thanks in advance.
See it regular, the door speakers voice coils have melted reducing the cone movement...

·
Registered
245 Posts
That must be the problem with mine then. Just collected van (2010 T5.1) and cannot believe any manufacturer could send out a vehicle with such poor speakers. Pioneer upgrade & sound deadening on its' way :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have dash tweeters as well, looks like an upgrade is needed then. Sooner than I would have liked but I can't handle how bad they sound now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts