VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having my van for 8 years mainly as a Rottweiler taxi and doing very little else with it including giving it the love and attention it deserves I am now getting things sorted
  • Lowered not sure by how much as didn't measure prior
  • Got bigger alloys 20"
  • RESPRAY colour change going Grey not decided the exact colour yet and only have a few weeks left
  • Cut out for rear window
I am going to turn it into a day van .
So first thing since the lacquer has started to flake due to a poor bodywork before I got the vehicle, so I'm getting it resprayed and changing the colour, never been a huge fan of Silver as its the same colours as our work vehicles. I've found a local company who have a real passion I've not found while looking for company's to respray my van this is the Facebook link for my van transformation, they will be updating the page as they go through the whole process please give them a like

Reem Machine

As you can tell long overdue
8 years ago

March 2021

July 2021

Flaky paint

Rear window cut out

sorry about all the picture, I will be adding more as I go through the journey of turning my Rottweiler taxi into a day van

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
This will definitely an awesome transformation to see happen!
Always best to have a company that invest there interest so much into a project as you do! No doubt you'll have an amazing end product with them being so into it and also update it on there page.

·
Registered
2005 VW T5 Shuttle SE LWB Automatic 174 AXE
139 Posts
Mind if I ask how much the respray is gonna cost?
Mine desperately needs a new coat

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last week 09/08/2021, the van has been stripped, pictures on "reemmachine paint and body" FaceBook page, I'm useless with social media so can't add a link or work out how to download the images.
All windows removed
Sanded back the flaky paint to metal in places.
Removed all dents, surprisingly a lot off, didn't notice that many and re-do any previous repairs, the van itself is straight just neglected.
Flattened the bodywork again to metal in places scary to see how much paint has been removed, the bonnet is almost completely back to metal
Etch primed where bodywork has been repaired.

This week 16/08/2021
Starting work on the bumpers
Tailgate spoiler
Awaiting lower B panel below fuel filler as starting to rust, from Germany
Colour selected

More updates to come as photos get added to their FaceBook page

As for cost I went to 9 Places in and around Nottingham based on reviews from here, places I've used in the past for work vehicles, recommendations from friends and Google, I had budgeted for £6000 for a respray knowing the paint work was a mess but have spent more as the service, the work these guys do on the vehicles they work on is amazing, a lot of high end classics and sports cars so the workmanship is spot on with a real eye for detail. Importantly shop about get lots of quotes and be prepared for people to not have the same affection for the T5 as we do. You can get a real feel for people who have a passion for the job they do and those who just don't want to do the work.
Prices ranged from £2500 to £12000 so a massive difference these where above budget but in my opinion will be worth the extra as the attention to detail is bordering on OCD.
So excited :)

·
Registered
2005 VW T5 Shuttle SE LWB Automatic 174 AXE
139 Posts
That looks really good, They're certainly doing a good job...I'm jealous :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Called in today as I was passing, they where hand sanding the panels ready for paint next week, amazing attention to detail

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts