VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Heres my Van I just want a guide from the members of the forum of what to sell her for

71,000 miles Full Vw Dealership history. Last service 2 months ago next one required in just under two years

excellent condition

MOT 10 months

CMC coil-overs
20Inch alloys good tyres (good year)
Ply-lined insulated/sound proofed and carpeted
Double Din touch screen stereo, with rear parking camera, ipod/ipad/iphone compatibility
Blue tooth installed

Cambelt done 2 years ago
Injectors replaced on service

Clearly most of the work is exterior so il let the pictures speak

The Vinyl floor has a few cuts and staines on it. It would benefit from a new one

let me know guys and im sorry if its the wrong place to ask but :*

Been running

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Cute pug. And nice van too. Try the what is it worth section for a valuation. Modded vans hard to value

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
'injectors replaced on service'? That would worry me. Injector replacement at such low mileage is very unusual. What were the symptoms that caused you to have them changed? What was the cost?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The engine management light came on a few weeks before the service was due. Engine ran fine but had it diagnosed, no1 injector was faulty. I have them all in a box. The other three were like new but no 1 had some sut on it. Not a massive amount. Anyway they were replaced and lights not come on since

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have a look on ebay for a rough price nice clean vans like this seem to go up for about £8500 or more.

Put it up for sale for a bit more than you think transporters always get interest and I wouldn't buy a van/car without trying to knock the price down.

Also I personally wouldn't use the pic of the back, give it a proper good clean or at least put some new Lino down for what it costs if I were buying something and it was mucky i would just try knocking more money off, I think all the other pics are good though, I would probably give the dash a clean and get a better picture of the inside at the front.

That's my opinion anyway hope it helps T:

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would also suggest fitting a new floor, to me it would give it a more cared for feel. Im no dealer but from what I have seen online being sold private I would also guess 8 /9 grand. Best to take a look at completed listings on ebay and look for the average prices on autotrader and compare them to your van. There no harm in pricing a bit higher you can always lower the cost if you get no interest. T:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Its a t26 no good as a camper ......over loaded with a full conversion .....not much cop as a van! You could sell to your local florist :D
It would be okay carrying daffodils T:

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Surely it would be fine for a camper conversion there's not that much weight to one I doubt vw wouldn't make a van that couldn't handle that little weight.
full conversion rock and roll or a crash tested(heavy) bed luggage for 2 adults and a couple of kid and camping gear food etc bike rack on the back x4 bikes a poptop I:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
full conversion rock and roll or a crash tested(heavy) bed luggage for 2 adults and a couple of kid and camping gear food etc bike rack on the back x4 bikes a poptop I:

So what setup would be required for this conversion then? Very interested to know this one

·
Special Rapporteur
10,154 Posts
Sorry to say this is true - my full conversion with absolutely nothing on board other than driver and half a tank of fuel comes in at 2300 kilos. The average camping family wouldn't have enough payload to stay legal with a T26 unless they travel very, very light. Changing suspension components won't make any difference unless you get it replated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry to say this is true - my full conversion with absolutely nothing on board other than driver and half a tank of fuel comes in at 2300 kilos. The average camping family wouldn't have enough payload to stay legal with a T26 unless they travel very, very light. Changing suspension components won't make any difference unless you get it replated.

Wow! That's crazy! But I am right in thinking that the T26 shares the shame chassis and components as the T28 and T30 just different suspension setups? (Springs)

·
Special Rapporteur
10,154 Posts
Yes, I believe so. IIRC you can get replating done via a company such as SVG for around £300, and I suspect that the suspension change cost wouldn't be that large - probably your biggest difficulty would be finding a dealer/parts place with enough of a clue about T5s to tell you what suspension components need to be changed...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts