VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2014 T5.1 and can't seem to find a size for replacement bushes. Some websites state 22mm but others have different sizes.
Can anybody confirm the correct size bushes for my van?

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Could vary from model and spec so best bet is to measure it . If you havent got any vernier calipers then an adjustable spanner and a steel rule will do the job .
Try to measure near where the bushes are going and not too near a bend in the bar ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could vary from model and spec so best bet is to measure it . If you havent got any vernier calipers then an adjustable spanner and a steel rule will do the job .
Try to measure near where the bushes are going and not too near a bend in the bar ;)
Thank you. I just grabbed those tools prior to your reply. So many variations online so I figured I'm better off measuring.
Looks like I'm laying in the road at lunchtime then. :rolleyes:
Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Its worth buying polybushes to replace them with (purple not thd black ones imho) and dont forget to lube them up else they'll squeak ;)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Coming from someone in a similar situation.... take you wheel off and you'll be able to see the bush, give it a little wipe and you'll be able to get the OEM part number off it, then go from there.
Don't make my mistake and order some posh fancy 22mm Powerflex bushes only to find they don't fit!

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
Theres not a lot of 'give' in polybushes thats why i'd advise actually measuring the bar itself.
Theyre meant to be tight. I wiped the bar down, lubed the inside on the bush and then had to squeeze the clamp back over the bush with a big pair of grips. Tight but it went on.
.......and then i swapped the lot out for bigger bars a few weeks later 🙃

·
Registered
622 Posts
you're right, my bar is actually 27mm in diameter (althought my measuring method was fairly pikey so could be a mm either way) yet the part number is for a 24mm bush, and they don't do a 27mm, so a bit of squeezing needed.
worth mentioning is anyone needs some 22mm powerflex bushes never used, i'm your guy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you're right, my bar is actually 27mm in diameter (althought my measuring method was fairly pikey so could be a mm either way) yet the part number is for a 24mm bush, and they don't do a 27mm, so a bit of squeezing needed.
worth mentioning is anyone needs some 22mm powerflex bushes never used, i'm your guy!
I'll measure this lunchtime but from the info, i have so far I'll need 22mm. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
22mm. I'm interested.
I live down in Cornwall. How much including shipping?

Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts