Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I`m thinking of having a T4 custom built and have had a quote off VW Van Freaks in Malvern.

Has anybody here used them before and if so what do you think of their work?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete novice to the VW scene so your experience and knowledge would be of great help.

Ollie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sandie. I've been to their unit myself and was quite impressed myself.

Does anyone own a van that has had any work done by them?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ollie, a friend of mine has a van currently being worked on by van freaks.

I'll point him in the direction of this thread so that he can give you feedback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a pop top fitted by them. It now leaks and the vel trimming as well as being short in places is now peeling off.
I've decided to go elsewhere to get my conversion finished and there rough bits sorted out.
I've been back and forth for 6 months with no idea when it was going to be complete and was fed up of all the excuses and general bull I was being fed.
Steer clear.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you can find Chris Seymour on here his van was built by them, while the work is ok the finishing is not that great to be honest, better going to Dirty weekenders in worcester their work is top class!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is over 12 months old but we couldn't not post anything - DO NOT USE VW VAN FREAKS!!! We went for their design and build package last June, and it was the worst decision we ever made!!! We finally got the van in December, and it still wasn't finished! The work that was done was a mess; the re-spray started to show signs of rust within a month, the standard of finish on the veltrim was shocking, the tv included didn't work, the fridge had a huge crack on the inside...I could go on! The layout and colour of the units wasn't what we discussed, and every time we phoned him to try and get progress updates, he fobbed us off with bull $!*& - we really haven't got one good word to say about this company, and the only advice we can give is do not touch them with a barge pole! If you know anyone who may be thinking of going to them, we would be happy to talk to them and give them more info into how bad this company really is!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I know this thread is over 12 months old but we couldn't not post anything - DO NOT USE VW VAN FREAKS!!! We went for their design and build package last June, and it was the worst decision we ever made!!! We finally got the van in December, and it still wasn't finished! The work that was done was a mess; the re-spray started to show signs of rust within a month, the standard of finish on the veltrim was shocking, the tv included didn't work, the fridge had a huge crack on the inside...I could go on! The layout and colour of the units wasn't what we discussed, and every time we phoned him to try and get progress updates, he fobbed us off with bull $!*& - we really haven't got one good word to say about this company, and the only advice we can give is do not touch them with a barge pole! If you know anyone who may be thinking of going to them, we would be happy to talk to them and give them more info into how bad this company really is!
Also have had a bad experience, totally ripped off. Walked away with a unfinished van, no cambelt or water pump (I paid for) and many other things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - can only speak as you find.

Dropped our van off with VW Van freaks this morning, they're fitting a pop roof. To date all comm's and visit have been excellent - our expectations have been clearly set. Grant and his crew seems really genuinely people. Visits to view works has always been great, and loosely arranged so you get to see the real works.

I guess they're are two sides to every story - we did ask Grant about this review and in his words "if you ever have a problem with a roof -call me I'm always happy to discuss any issues with our customers - truth though we don't get many if any complaints"

Will comment when works are complete

·
Registered
14 Posts
These comments concern me. We put an order in December 2013 for full VW T4 conversion and........yes we are still waiting for it to be completed, excuse after excuse it has become tiresome, it has effected our summer holiday and caused us to have to cancel allot of events this summer, we thought December would be ample time to complete. Meant to be collected Friday and yet again we have excuses. What do we do now????? FYI- We are not talking 2k worth of business we are talking over 10k!!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not sure what to advise you but when I got my van it was unfinished and unsafe. I'd paid for work to be done which wasn't and they cut corners I assume to cut money which made parts of the van they had been doing unsafe (eg they took seats out and put back in but didn't bother to mention they litrally where held in my a lose bolt).
My van just needed vel trimming, paint job and a few little jobs and it took around 3 months.
But wow 8 months! Have you driven it yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update...... Yes we're still waiting! 9 months and counting for full conversion, oh I did forget to mention myself and partner have spent over 10k on this van but not only that our brother in law has done the same so between us we have spent over 20k, you'o think he would prioritise us, we keep seeing other vans via Facebook going through yet ours still sat there. Not happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
7k seems allot for a deposit, we didn't leave this much with them sourcing the van and full build.

We finally have our van it was delivered after more hassle, Dvla systems were down therefore could not be taxed so collection failed at the weekend, then we're back to work come Monday and we certainly not going to wait another week, unfortunately my partner did get annoyed over the phone and VW van freaks delivered to our house last night, once we have a good look round it I will post details however quick look we are happy,

My partners brother has been advised all along his will be completed one week after ours however unfortunately new excuses are arising, this time a back delay for the rock n roll bed, even though this is a national company(Rock n roll) and that we ordered 2 months ago there is a delay.

I would never dispute Grant as not a nice person as I would be lying however he is far from accurate with timings 2 weeks for him is 4-5 weeks to us, and he needs to appreciate the amount of money we are spending and the workshop needs to be working to a better order us seeing other vans pass through the workshop when we are still waiting 9 months later is appalling.

Once we have had a good look at our van this evening I shall update my post

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Emma. I've added a pop top roof and Waeco fridge to the build too. I'm glad you have the van and everything seems ok with it. Yeah please post some pics!!! I'm hoping it will be ready by Christmas as plan on taking it away for new year! Thanks for replying back :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
This extras explains the extra deposit. We didn't have the pop top fitted.

I wouldn't guarantee Christmas for your van, we ordered December 2013 and thought asking for it to be completed by May for my partners 40th would be ok but no, then we thought for June for our summer holiday but no then another camping weekend for August and still didn't happen, so we gave up on having it for summer!!! All in all 9 months wait. Fingers crossed this doesn't apply to you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.....I decided to respond to this thread personally to advise both past / current and future customers that we have processes in place to deal with any faults to the vehicles we supply or convert (within a specified time frame). Should customers choose not to bring their vehicles back to us then that is their choice but we obviously cannot be held responsible for any work completed by third parties.

I am always available to answer any questions on 07528 910729 or alternatively you can e-mail Louise at the office we also have an open workshop Mon to Fri 08.00-17.00 anyone can pop in without an appointment to view our in progress projects and to see the quality of our work. The Van Freaks staff are VW T4 owners themselves and are passionate about everything VW and take pride in their work.

I hope that Emma gets around to posting some pics of their blue lwb T4 (build to order project) as it's a great looking van but otherwise you can view on our Facebook page ref: Tony Dudley T4.

Just a bit of historical trivia about Van Freaks .....we have now completed over 150 projects in the last twelve months and have many satisfied customers many of which it was great to see at Busfest, Malvern yesterday.

Kind regards
Grant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Grant,
Please could you explain your processes and time scales for coming back to you with issues regarding the work?
For example, how long after a re-spray would you expect to see rust?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.