VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how long would the Waeco fridge run on a fully charged 75 Ah leisure battery.

Thanks

·
Special Rapporteur
9,800 Posts
It depends on a few factors such as ambient temperature. Power consumption figures are given on Waeco's website, so you should be able to work it out (roughly) yourself.

Based on my experience of the CR-65, I'd guess a couple of days safely. My converter reckons the slightly bigger fridge will run for 3 days, but that's with a 130Ah battery.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just used mine for the first time at Grill n Chill and although I have a 110 battery, it never left the green all weekend. I also had the internal lights on and off all the time and charged a couple of phones. The fridge really is very low on power consumption.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Realistically, from my 110ah with the fridge set on 3 I get about 2 days max but a lot does depend on factors (as mentioned above) such as ambient temperatures, how often you open it etc.... It does help to put a frozen bottle of juice/water in just before you set off on a trip. I also bang mine on max on the hook up at home for a few hours before I go away if time allows.
The fridge will go on working for longer but you are at risk of Knackering the battery if you don't keep an eye on the voltage and run too low (can't remember the exact figures but I think it is something like 12v or 50% discharge - don't quote me on that though!)

·
Yellow van man
933 Posts
The fridge will cut out before the battery is badly drained so you will still have power for led lights. If I remember right it cuts out at 10.4 volts. To be honest I doubt you would get a weekend out of a 75ah battery without charging, but as has been said there are variables. Ambient temperature determines how hard your fridge has to work to keep cool so you will find it will work harder on a hot day than a cold one and your battery will drain faster. At Busfest I could run my electrical items all weekend only because I have a 110ah battery and a 100watt solar trickle charger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts